Aaron Ebert, Product Marketing Manager, here to share that today we are starting to ship a brand new version of My Tasks for new users only.
So, what is changing? With the new version of My Tasks you will have:
- A boards view - easily toggle between list, board, and calendar working in the way that is best for you
- Column and section flexibility - customize a system that helps you organize your work and focus on what really matters:
- Create as many sections as you like
- Automatically sort tasks within a section
- Ability to show/hide columns (Project and Tags)
- Rules for My Tasks - leverage rules to let Asana take action for you in My Tasks or replicate the magic of Today/Upcoming/Later sections
- Ability to easily move tasks across sections in new ways
- Drag and drop them
- Task menu icon when tasks are selected
- Adding a section from the task pane
And when will I get it?
Since My Tasks houses lots of important information for our customers, this rollout will be done in a phased approach depending on your Asana user tier and how long you have been using Asana before. Here is a snapshot of the rollout schedule (please note these dates are estimates and will be updated as they get closer):
- New Users (Starting today, March 8th) - they will be the first group to benefit from the new My Tasks. This includes all new users across all domains. Note: this group will not have the basic rules for My Tasks until early April.
- Existing Free and Premium Users (early April) - Users in this group will be notified about the migration 2 weeks before it takes effect.
- Existing Business and Enterprise Users (end of April) - Users in this group will be notified about the migration 2 weeks before it takes effect.
We cannot wait for each of you to start using the brand new functionality over the next few months. Please note this update is currently available to 10% of our new users and will roll out to 100% of new users within the next couple of days. We will be back with more timely updates and email communications as your migration date gets closer. Excited to hear what you think, feel free to post your questions and feedback below!
My Tasks Board view
Create and rename your custom sections:
Sort task within sections by due date:
Customize your view:
Reorganise your Tasks:
- Using Drag and drop:
- Using the icon next to the title task:
- Using the drop-down menu within task details:
More information in the Asana Guide!