Selection of more than 50 tasks

Maybe you can share what your use case is, so we can understand why you need to act on more than 50 tasks at a time.

Hi Bastien, I don’t know about Marie’s case, but very often I have more than 50 tasks to move on a timeline, when there is a delay on the planning for instance, and in that case this limitation is an issue…

3 Likes

Fair enough!

Hi Bastien,

This is becoming a very critical feature I personally need as I routinely sort a automated tasks and 50 is just not nearly enough, I need 200 at least.

This problem is even worse because via the API I can’t even re-order existing tasks so please make this happen, I think it is all ready too late for us in this sense as xmas is generating so many tasks, I might have to look else where.

1 Like

Just to be clear, I don’t work for Asana :slight_smile:

Hey bud! With the most recent My Tasks Update:

I have about 2,000 or so odd tasks that I definitely do not want to delete, but just want to simply move them from the “Recently Assigned” section to “Completed” across 2 sections (which have over 1,000 tasks - doesn’t even let you minimize the section in List View if it has over 1,000 tasks oddly).

So yeah, bulk editing this at a max of 50 at a time has been painful :sweat_smile: actually checked out your site hoping you had something that allowed you to bulk edit everything in a section to move it to another section, but alas, couldn’t find that tool.

Any advice?

Nope don’t have that indeed. Find an assistant to do that for you? ^^

@abass have you tried to move more than 50 items using the new section icons in My Tasks? I believe this is the only action you can take when exceeding the 50 item section.

Wlq15a2ORDHUaG0D0A4JLlmlBRVgOq5OWQ50dSzfwzshJb-eBjmMi2wijoe3e3JkbPddPo0RJg-4f68kwUhO4j53aRoMst5Fhtq5N1KhyHScxJbAPwlgF8Ff_ZCIGBOztV4Lqmb5

2 Likes

That worked, thank you! :raised_hands::raised_hands:

Yes, doing 500-800 at a time starts glitching out Asana, but waiting long enough and it all went though! My gosh, WAYYYY better than doing 50 at a time.

2 Likes

Hello,

Asana allows to take an action for 50 tasks at one time; however, it allows to select 51 just to inform me that user can do something with max 50 task at one time.

Due to that if I have multiple task to organize I need to be careful not to select 51st task, because if I do have to repeat the selection proces all over again. Can we do something about that?

AA

2 Likes

Hi @aleksandra.albera, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback.

Hopefully this is a change we can see our Product team make in the future. I’ll let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath any updates on this issue?

@Marco_Marsala a big thank you for that work around to delete more than 50 tasks at a time (keyboard shortcut) - so helpful!

Nice! :heart:

1 Like

Following onto this list. Any update with being able to adjust due dates on more than 50 tasks. I have 2000 that I need to move … and this is arduous. Please let us know if this will not be improved, as it is important/frequent enough for us to consider changing project management solutions.

you can also consider a small custom coded solution if it is frequent. I would hate to see you leave Asana because of this.

11 months later. Has there been any update on this request? Surely we’re not the only people who think Asana should allow us to edit more than 50 tasks at once.

One of Asana’s greatest successes is its ability to deliver data on thousands and thousands of tasks quickly. At what point did it make sense to restrict users to making changes to only 50 of those tasks at a time? Who thought that would be a good idea for a scalable project management software? Please address this need.

1 Like

I would to, Bastien … but it is frequent enough. Any recommendations on a small custom coded solution?

I just finished a tool that I am about to release @Christopher_Anderson : it allows you to pick a project, select a number of days (e.g. 60) and all tasks from the project are shifted by 60 days. Is this what you are looking for?

That would be soooo close. However, what I would like it to have all tasks before a certain date shifted to a new date. (Not necessarily 60 days.)