Increase task template limit

Hi!
Does template tasks have a maximum limit on a project?
And how can i make more template tasks in the project?
thanks!

6 Likes

Hi @Nelrie_van_Wyk, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

At this time, there is a limit of 10 template tasks per project. While there is no workaround for this at the moment, i’ll keep you posted if our Product team make any updates to allow more templates! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath
Ok, thanks so much! More template tasks would be much appreciated!
Have a great day!

3 Likes

I find the task templates useful, but have already hit the limit of how many task templates you can create. Allowing only 10 task templates seems like a very low number to me. I recommend doubling this number at the very least.

8 Likes

Hi @anon76810009, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback :slight_smile:

We do have an existing #productfeedback thread for this request so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep updated in the main thread if our Product teams makes any changes to Task Templates!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Having unlimited task templates would an absolute life-saver. Currently trying to create standard operating procedures for a lot of deliverables and 10 is not enough.

5 Likes

For anyone else trying to identify a workaround without the complexity of adding a new project, etc.
The workaround that I applied was simply just to create all tasks in the section that I would prefer to be hidden as task templates so that when a project is created, all other tasks besides the applicable ones could be deleted (i.e. the project is acting as the task template)

1 Like

Can we also have task templates that are independent of a specific project? I want to create a list of task templates (more than 10) I can add as needed to any new or current project. I’m new to Asana so I was excited to hear I could make task templates to help build out the multiple new projects we get a week. Unfortunately, it is very limiting with the number of task templates (25 would be a good max point), and where they can be used. Please increase the number and the versatility of task templates. Thank you!!!

4 Likes

I discovered the task template option while trying to find a method to circumvent another missing feature only to discover the limit after running into it. Same issue with dropdown limits. These limits should at the very least be posted in fine print somewhere on the page where you’re trying to add things. That way you save the end user a lot of headache entering data only to realize that there is limit that won’t allow the user to finish what they had planned.

Major issues that lead me to explore adding lots of tasks are:

• No tag or subtask rules
  • No ability to display a section that a task belongs to in another project (multi-home)
4 Likes

I’ve just discovered this feature and was super excited about it but very quickly found out that it had a limit of 10 tasks. Expanding this limit will be really a plus and time-saving. Some of the above suggestions are great so I hope Asana considers them.

6 Likes

Same here, I believe it would also help if tasks has a drop down feature to choose a template.

A lot of these suggestions would help us too, in order of importance:

1. Increase the current template feature from 10 to more (ideally unlimited)
  2. Decouple templates from specific projects so they can be used in any project
  3. Use a drop down to choose the template within the task
2 Likes

Please increase the template limit. I have to go back into older projects to add tasks and it is very time-consuming, considering subtasks are not copied. :sob:

1 Like

I am launching a whole new content strategy for our editorial teams to help us track and streamline deliverables better and I just realized that Asana ONLY has 10 task templates per project. (Huge red flag for our new Methodology)

Are you guys thinking of increasing this number (or even better, making it unlimited?) - it would be an absolute life saver.

Thanks,
Pooja

4 Likes

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath
we have also reached the limit of task templates and would be very happy if the limit would be increased to 15 oder 20. At the moment we have 12 tasks, we would like to use as templates and having to use a workaround for the other two tasks is very frustrating.
Is there an update on this matter yet? Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi there, has there been any update on this? I have a seasonal catalog that always follows the same tasks, but the limit of 10 task templates per project is absolutely too low for our team’s needs

1 Like

Adding onto this thread. For the volume my team works with, it would be great to have an unlimited amount of task templates.

2 Likes

Need more than 10 Task Templates

Need an easy way to duplicate specific task templates to entire teams or groups of projects

Need to see task template permissions at a glance or in a permissions editor screen without having to edit the template and then hit the … at the top right.

2 Likes