Increase task template limit

Hey @Motor here is an existing thread to upvote: Increase task template limit :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Helpful information for using Asana for new customers!

How does anyone accurately get data into asana without using a task template? Its the only way to ensure all the custom fields are selected and each type of task is formatted correctly for the most part and the right people are notified based on the type of the task.

Only other method is the form which is one one form per project. This is a desperate need!! MANY MANY more task templates that can be applied to groups of projects or an entire teams at once.

@Rebecca_McGrath - any updated timeline on this? I’m working to build out upwards of 100 task templates and the current alternative is to have them all live in the project, which can be confusing. Ideally, I wouldn’t have to do this, but curious if there’s anything on the horizon for upping the number of task templates, or if I should move forward as though that’s not the case.

1 Like

@Rebecca_McGrath I would also like to know this. This is limiting our team’s ability to use Asana and will drastically impact whether we can roll Asana out organization-wide.

2 Likes

This needs to get some more Upvotes! 10 Templates is basically a drop in the ocean. Especially when managing larger Teams.

The Time you save by using templates is diminished by having to use all sorts of workarounds.

2 Likes

I can’t believe there is a limit to the number of templates. It was a life-saver when this feature was added and now its functionality is back to not so much if I have to go back to a manual list to remember all the tasks to create. Please increase the limit and set my templates freeeeee.

5 Likes

Wasn’t aware at all that there was a limit to task templates. We started using this feature and listed all task templates we needed only to be disappointed since it’s not possible to create everything we need. Please make this limitless.

5 Likes

There is another workaround that is possible for this if you have reached the 10 limit. I posted about this recently as I navigated through task templates.

Our Team needs waaaay more templates too! Common Asana!!

1 Like

Are they going to do this - a lot of people are requesting it!!

Hey @Jessi_Larssen welcome to the Asana Community :wave:

I recommend reading through this post to get a better understanding of how Asana is listening to the feedback of all customers How we’re listening to your product feedback :slight_smile:

Yes please. We need more templates! We use them so much

I would love if we could have more than 10 task templates for a project.

@Jerrica there is an existing feature request for this :grinning: You may want to vote there!

1 Like

Done and thanks!

1 Like

Template tasks are very useful in a number of roles with repetitive projects (ex. my role, sales operations).

Right now there is a limit to the number of template tasks you can create but it would be very helpful if the number of template tasks you could create was either unlimited or much higher (ex. 50 vs. the ~10 it is now)

Hello @Phoebe_Farber welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

I do agree this could be helpful for some projects.

I recommend upvoting on this existing thread: Increase task template limit

First, I want to congratulate the whole team for implementing task templates. They are very useful and are removing very much workload.

The only problem is that the restriction of 10 tasks is too low. I am going to give you an example.

We use Project templates very much. So we also have project templates for big campaigns and also for year content planning. Big campaigns and long term projects have many different types of tasks.

So, now imagine we have a big campaign project template that has only 10 task templates - I have to prioritize the 50 tasks that have to be created into only 10.

I don’t know why there is even a restriction , but if it is needed I recommend to raise the bar to at least 30-50 templates. This would make sure that no duplicates of project templates are needed to make the work done.

Thanks and Smiles! :slight_smile:
Stilyan

It would be great to get more than 10 task templates. :slight_smile:

3 Likes