We're extending our spreadsheet view to My Tasks!

Hi all,

We’re so excited to announce that our much-loved spreadsheet view is launching in My Tasks! With this view, we’re hoping to give you more clarity when organising and working of your My Tasks list.

This update includes:

• A totally refreshed UI, taking advantage of the full width of the page
  • Our handy multi-select widget
  • The ability to edit fields directly from the spreadsheet view
  • The ability to resize and reorder columns

Please note that the auto-promotion feature will continue to work as it did in the previous view! If you’re not using this feature, we highly recommend you to check out this guide article to see how it works and how you can take advantage of it!

This new feature will be available to 10% of our customers today and gradually roll out to 100% over the next couple of days, so don’t worry if you don’t see it just yet, it will soon be available to everyone!

We hope you’ll be as excited as we are to see this new layout in My Tasks and we look forward to hearing your feedback in the comments below. Questions are also welcome!

Have a great day :slight_smile:

33 Likes

Woohoo! Finally :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

Can’t wait for board view to come now :wink: :dancer:

5 Likes

Thanks @Marie for good news, I was afraid about auto-promotion passing away :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Marie is this a permanent decision or a temporary one? :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Excellent news! :tada: I love this functionality in normal projects and bringing this to My Tasks will make it even more user friendly!

2 Likes

@Marie

Could you also put a screenshot of the new change coming in?
For some reason, ‘My Task’ view still looks the same to me. Perhaps the screenshot will tell me what am I supposed to see with the new update, and what I am currently seeing.

Thank you.

4 Likes

She had mentioned that only 10% of accounts will get this update today. You should get it over the next few days.

2 Likes

Hi @LEGGO, at the moment, I can’t confirm it will be permanent, but I’ll let you know as soon as I know more!

Do we have the option to stay with the previous view? I liked it a lot. It flowed with my natural organisation tendency very well. And I can’t customise the fields to show in spreadsheet view of My Tasks now.

3 Likes

Hi @Simerpreet_Kaur,

I’m afraid this is not possible, but don’t hesitate to share your feedback in the #productfeedback section so we can take it onboard for future updates!

1 Like

I received the new My tasks view and noticed that Tags are no longer appearing in the grid, and there doesn’t appear to be a way to toggle them on like there is in Projects. Is this something that I can change, or will be added back in the future?

3 Likes

Hi @Mike_Kren and welcome to the forum!

At the moment, there’s no way to include tags in the updated My Tasks view. We’re waiting to hear if it’s something that will be added back going forward.

Hi, I am new to forum. I have the same issue as @Mike_Kren. We use tags liberally in our organization and now some of us who have bee upgraded to the grid view can no longer see tags. There also does not seem to be any options to add columns to the grid. For our purposes this update is a regression, please add tags back. Please let me know if there is a more appropriate place to leave this feedback. Thanks

1 Like

I’ve made a post in product feedback: New "My Tasks" Page Eliminates Ability to View Tags - #7 by lpb

But I will keep mentioning this until fixed: we NEED tags back on the my tasks section!!! This isn’t just a small inconvenience that we can wait a few days for an update. This ruined my workflow, and has added extra work and unnecessary stress.

Honestly I’m pretty shocked this wasn’t considered before pushing the update. I’d imagine tags are pretty widely used, right? I’m normally a very happy customer of asana and recommend it as a project management software, but the disregard for a key functionality here kind of makes me reassess my opinions of the platform…

Please make this right by giving us tags back ASAP.

4 Likes

Hi all and thank you so much for the feedback regarding missing tags in the new My Tasks layout. Please continue to upvote New "My Tasks" Page Eliminates Ability to View Tags - #7 by lpb while I work with our team to figure out if and how we can bring them back!

3 Likes

Update 12/8/2020: In just one week, Asana rectified this by adding the Tags toggle after pausing the rollout to do so. That’s a terrific response to our requests–thank you, @Marie!

Thanks, @Marie, for diligently pursuing this and doing all you can for all of us.

Please pass along the following to the product team:

Breaking customers’ workflow without notice or recourse has been known to be a bad business practice for a long time and most modern apps never do this, yet Asana has just done this (and it’s not the first time).

For example, Google gives months of notice, and they may offer opt-in/rollback freely, and then gives advance notice of a final date when you must opt-in or be converted over. Asana’s API deprecation framework approach is somewhat similar (and appreciated).

Large clients have complained to me–they are not satisfied with Asana’s approach to change management. I’m also often not satisfied as well. And because as an Asana consultant I advocate adoption of Asana and have high standards of conduct, this presents a real (ethical) issue for me.

Mistakes are mistakes and understandable. But if the product team is consciously breaking customers’ workflows without warning or recourse, I hope you’ll do a “Five Whys” analysis and be transparent with the findings. And adopt more considerate change management approaches in the future.

Thanks,

Larry

26 Likes

Totally agree. This change that removes tag visibility on the My Tasks view has completely broken our workflow. Why would Asana do this with no notice? @Marie Please change it back.

2 Likes

Hi folks and thanks again for all your feedback.

I can confirm we’re actively working on re-implementing Tags in My Tasks - I’ll post an update here as soon as this is launched. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, and thank you so much for your patience while we’re working on this :pray:t3:

11 Likes

That’s great news, @Marie!! Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

3 Likes