We're extending our spreadsheet view to My Tasks!

Very well written Larry. Our team often finds itself feeling similar but not able to express it as well as you have!

Asana’s sudden no-warning no-opt out changes are often very frustrating for us too. Whether as small recent things like the color changes, or consistent way back with dashboards suddenly disappearing.

For a company that seems to pride itself on ethics (the motive for the color changes right?) having such a small amount of transparency with customers or freedom for them to choose seems a bit inconsistent. We’d very much appreciate knowing even in broadstroke like Apple’s July 2019 product announcement of the Mac Pro “by the end of 2019”.

5 Likes

This is a nice update! I have a question: how can a company appear in this 10% of users who get this update first? For us, Everhour, it is very important to know about UI updates first or even before end-users, because our browser extension may not be working, we can’t roll out an update, customers are frustrated…
Asana reps claimed to put us on the early adopters list a couple of times before, but it seems not to work at all.

Any help in this matter and to get updates first will be highly appreciated!

1 Like

Hi @Waclaw_Wolodko, and thanks for your kind words. Have you considered joining our Community program? As part of this program, you could get early access to most new features we’re launching!

I am not sure this is what we are looking for. And if so, what type of program is best to choose to get the updated UI among the first?

1 Like

Will it also be possible to sort by due date within the section (currently, it is only possible to sort the whole list by due date?)?

1 Like

No @anon39961120, but we’ve more My Tasks updates coming in 2021, so stay tuned!

1 Like

Hi Marie,
There’s been so much feedback on this view, I"m anxious to see it on my own screen. Would you please let me know

Hi @Mike_Wittenstein,

We’re currently rolled out to 10% of customers and won’t roll out further until we re-implement Tags, so the full roll-out may take a little longer than usual. Nothing to worry about though - beside the “missing tags” we’re fixing the feedback has been excellent so far :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m with you on that, Marie.

As an appreciative (and mostly quiet) forum member, I realize Asana is doing so much for so many people.

I’m loving being a part of ‘the future’ as Asana’s abilities grow—taking our productivity and competitive growth with it!

Best,

Mike

2 Likes

I’m so thrilled to see this!

2 Likes

Great thoughts, Larry!

2 Likes

Would the spreadsheet view mean that we can finally have full project names as against the current annotated ones?

I do not know if there exists one, so a screenshot to whet our appetite would be very helpful!

1 Like

Yep! You can drag the Projects column to be as narrow or as wide as you’d like.

4 Likes

Thank you, looking forward to it!

1 Like

Should this new product update have been updated across all accounts by now? I still don’t see it, but I am looking forward to it! Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Mark_Ironside - This update is currently only available to 10% of our customers. We’re working on fixing an issue with tags before rolling it out to more users, so it will take a little longer than planned to reach all customers. I’ll post an update here as soon as we’re ready to move to 25%, 50% and 100% of customers. Stay tuned!

5 Likes

Quick update: Tags are now back in the new My Tasks and we’re gearing up to roll out this update to more customers over the next couple of days! Stay tuned here for more updates!

9 Likes

One of my orgs just got updated to the new My Tasks (with Tags toggle) and it looks great. Thank you, @Marie!!!

Larry

3 Likes

In general, I’m excited about the possibilities for this new MyTasks view! And I’m very happy tags have been included in this update and that I did not experience this new view without them (mine just updated this morning)!

Unfortunately, the very first thing I have noticed is that we no longer have the ability to get a sum total of number-custom fields in MyTasks. Referring to the black pill popup when multi-selecting tasks. Previously we had the same details provided that we have in projects view, but with this new update, the sum feature is gone. We use this to plan our task assignments and project hours across our entire organization. Having it removed from MyTasks, will be detrimental to our entire daily project planning process since each employee plans their individual bucket of hours for the day and week via this view.

I’ve already had my first frantic communication from one of our employees trying to figure out where this calculation went and asking if they will now have to manually add all these tasks with a calculator. I’m anticipating more as this continues to roll out. Can I assure them that this is a temporary situation and the feature will be added back?

Thanks for your consideration.

3 Likes

Good to know this. Hoping for a trouble-free roll-out to everyone soon.