Meet your new My Tasks

Hi @Valentijn_Kok,

We will be implementing Rules for My Tasks early April which will allow you to recreate the auto-promotion mechanism and more :slight_smile:

In the new My Tasks, you wonā€™t be able to create sub-sections but you will be able to create as many sections as you like :slight_smile:

Hi @Marie ,

Thanks for the fast respons! Good to hear that the auto-promotion mechnism is will be implemented :grinning: :grinning: :partying_face: (I was a little worried that it was gone :stuck_out_tongue: )

Do I understand correctly that the new users (my collegue) are not yet able to use the ā€œauto-promotion mechanismā€? (and that this will be released early April as you told in the previous message)

1 Like

Youā€™re very welcome @Valentijn_Kok :slight_smile:

Correct! However they should be able to sort task by due date within sections (the same way you can currently do in projects), so that should help ensure that tasks due today/upcoming automatically show up at the top of their custom sections :slight_smile:

This is a good idea indeed for now :slight_smile: tasks for next week or next month it will get a long list, so looking forward to the auto-promotion mechnism :smiley:

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Upcoming product update] My Tasks v2 :fire:

Will I be able to manage my employees tasks yet on mobile app?

That change totally broke my companies work flow. Why would they only allow this is on desktop but not mobile app?

@Marie

Hi Marie! So excited to see the new My Tasks finally rolling out, weā€™ve been looking forward to this one for years. Question though, with this new customizable ā€œSectionsā€ organization, can Sections finally be ā€œclosedā€ or ā€œcompletedā€ or something?

In projects Sections just sit around forever after their tasks are finished, canā€™t be filtered out or removed without dragging all the tasks out. Iā€™d imagine for many people making their own customized Sections in My Tasks to organize their work theyā€™d need to be able to hide or complete those blocks of work ā€“ like imagine a photographer making a section called ā€œMarketing Helpā€ where you drag in tasks from various marketing projects youā€™ve been temp assigned to help on. Once youā€™re done, you arenā€™t really working on marketing stuff anymore. Can that custom section be hid or removed without deleting the tasks completed?

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi @Tanner_Wilson,

Sections in the new My Tasks will work like project sections, so you wonā€™t have any additional functionality like youā€™re describing.

If you havenā€™t yet, Iā€™d encourage you to vote for this type of enhancement here:

and maybe this one as well:

1 Like

@Marie Is that true? Sections like the scenario I described above are just going to stay floating in My Tasks?

Good day. I would like to better understand when this update will be available to paid users. We are looking forward to it.

1 Like

Hi @ŠœŠ°ŠŗсŠøŠ¼_Š‘Š¾Š»ŃŒŠ½Ń‹Ń…,

Please find below the latest rollout update for paid users. Stay tuned for more updates!

Hi @Tanner_Wilson,

@Phil_Seeman is correct here, we havenā€™t planned to introduce an option to archive or mark section complete as part of this update - however you will be able to keep these sections collapsed by default.

Iā€™m really struggling to figure out how to do part of this. Is there going to be a way to do some sort of "if task due date is updated and more than x days away, move to ā€œupcoming/laterā€ section?

It would be cool if you could have simply changing a due date back, trigger it to move to a different section. (Thereā€™s the ā€œdue date changeā€ trigger, but youā€™re not always moving a due date back, sometimes youā€™re moving it forward. I would just want it to trigger if the due date is more than say 3 days from now.

I understand that keyboard shortcuts will be coming at some point in time, but I donā€™t totally understand what the keyboard shortcuts would even be, unless you can set a custom keyboard shortcut to ā€œmove to sectionā€, so you could do like ā€œtab + lā€ to move it to the ā€œlaterā€ section.

Any ideas that people have for managing moving tasks back if the due date gets pushed without having to change the date + section each and every time?

5 Likes

@anon5798578 and @Emily_Roman, I just realized an expected feature doesnā€™t seem to be in the new My Tasks v2 as it is now. I really hope this is an expected fast-follow. Can you provide any info?

Everyone, if this is important to you, please vote thereā€“thanks!

Thanks,

Larry

4 Likes

HI @lpb, I donā€™t think this feature was scheduled for the initial launch and I donā€™t have visibility yet on fast follows, but Iā€™ll make sure to share this feedback with our team to be considered!

1 Like

Me waiting on my My Tasks update
tenor

10 Likes

Exactly!

I had to create a new account, just to try this feature.
Finally, GTD system I dream of.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on the old version and I use the Tab+Y, U, and L a lot. Overall Iā€™m looking forward to the My Tasks changes that my new teammate has, but also very apprehensive that there doesnā€™t seem to be a replacement for the shortcuts at the momentā€¦

8 Likes

Hi @Marie

In your list it states that existing premium users are onboarded early april but get a notification 2 weeks ahead. But I didnā€™t get a notification yet. Do you have more information about the rollout?

I caaaaanā€™t wait to get my new task section

2 Likes

@Silvan, Itā€™s still coming very soon but not publicly published exactly when. Iā€™m in the same boat as you and expect weā€™ll get the notice soon; you didnā€™t miss anything!

Larry