Meet your new My Tasks

giphy

@lpb : thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

5 Likes

maybe April 18th?

2 Likes

This maintenance isnā€™t related to the new My Tasks roll out @Tim_Jasper, you can learn more about it in https://status.asana.com/ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:sob::sob:

Hi @Marie . Are there any plans to allow sections to be hidden?

Without subsections is there any way to timeblock or set priority of tasks within each section? Is there any plan to re-introduce subsections? This would be very useful.

Thanks!

1 Like

@anon31251469 I was also waiting on this for GTD, but did you find a way to only see due/overdue tasks not any future date (besides sorting) ?

Had not gotten any notification, with a 2 week notification, it would be available only in May / late May?

1 Like

@Tim_Jasper we donā€™t have plans to implement an option to hide sections. However, we recently implemented the option to keep your sections collapsed when saving your project layout by default!

@Kevin_Lim1 we started enabling this feature for existing Free and Premium users. We donā€™t have a specific date when the new My Tasks will be available to all customers but we will keep this post updated once we have any news! Thanks for your patience!

@Luc_Jutras we donā€™t have immediate plans to implement subsections but you will be able to divide your My Tasks on different sections, for example: High, Medium and Low and also sort tasks within sections.

1 Like

I am an existing free user but I do not see it.
Would there be something I need to do?

2 Likes

For your high, medium, and low section example, how do we move tasks into these sections?

1 Like

You have to setup rules to now move your tasks into certain sections. I recorded a video explaining how the new features work. https://youtu.be/TlLl3F79yDA

2 Likes

Really looking forward to this! Does anyone know if thereā€™s an update on availability of this feature? Iā€™m an existing Premium User and I havenā€™t seen any indication of this taking effect, which was to have happened in ā€œearly Aprilā€:

I have some requests about this from my organization, and Iā€™d like to have some indication of when we can expect it. If anyone has updates Iā€™d appreciate it.

8 Likes

@Marie, I second @TrevorWiser. Is there an update on this release?

My team and I are very excited about using this new feature! It is part of what made our company decide to continue using Asana rather than switching to a different task/project organization program.

3 Likes

Apologies, meant to tag @Emily_Roman and @Rebecca_McGrath while Marie is out. :slight_smile:

I canā€™t wait anymore - Weā€™re on the business plan and have used Asana for almost 4 years now. So I guess weā€™re way back in the migration line. Are there any updates on when to expect the update? As I read the original post, we should have had it now?

Hi @TrevorWiser @anon36243884 and @anon68747841, thanks for your patience while we roll out this update! We experienced some issues with the migration and it was postponed to late April. We are currently migrating free and premium accounts! Iā€™ve gone ahead and updated the announcement:

3 Likes

Is anyone having trouble with this new feature. Someone on my team has an updated version with the board under My Tasks. The tasks that are being assigned to her are NOT showing up on her my task list. If she creates a task for herself, it doesnā€™t show up either. They do however show up on her home screen.

1 Like

I think the answer is in the ā€œComā€ you show in the upper right corner of your screenshot - it looks like that view is filtered to show only ā€œCompleted Tasksā€.

3 Likes

Bummed to see Business and Enterprise Users have moved to the end of May (Orignially scheduled for end of April)

Logged in today, End of April, hoping to see the change in our acct.

While I can appreciate it may be taking more time I think there could have been a better notice to Biz/Enterprise customers that the roll out had slipped a month from the original announcement.

Thanks,
Mike

7 Likes