Please stop building AI features and continue focusing on smaller teams

Hi there,
I currently see two big issues in the industries of SaaS companies like Asana.

1. They build a lot of AI stuff, that actually doesn’t work or takes more time to use than manually doing this. Please just don’t :pray:
    I tried several times, but I can’t find any value in an AI messing up with my Inbox. Neither can I see any value in an AI estimating what my tasks will be about.

2. More and more often, I observe random features be behind the enterprise-plan paywall. We’re a small company with just around 10 full-time employees and for us being able to manage our overall workload would probably be very helpful and doable with Asana. But I definitely justify a 2x in cost just for that. On the other hand, thinking of an “enterprise” with probably 100 or more employees, I can’t picture how that feature could do its job for a company at that size. I’m fine with SSO, Audits and some other very advanced features being behind a paywall, but features overall workload overview or service accounts for api access, I just can’t.

Is it just me or are there more users very annoyed about this random not actually working AI features and increasing pressure to go for more and more expensive plans even for smaller businesses?

1 Like

Hi @Christian_Goebel, and thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

I understand we have launched several AI features in the past few months and these features are currently available in our paid plans. Please rest assure, we plan to continue adding value to other Asana features in all our plans – paid and free.

Since the past year, we launched Formulas, conditions and branching in rules , ID custom field , custom field permissions, Portfolio multi-filter and multi-sort and Relative due dates in custom project templates in our paid plans – as well as more flexible ways to organize your tasks in list and board views and Multi-filtering on my tasks list, board and calendar views! to all Asana customers (including folks using the free version).

We’ve more exciting updates coming very soon for paid and free users (if you don’t want to miss them, make sure to follow our news category ). And while we plan to continue developing AI and Enterprise-exclusive features to respond to specific needs and expectations from customers, we also plan to continue to support other Asana users!

Last but not least, if you have any issues using our AI features, please feel free to create a topic sharing more details in our Tips and Tricks category and we will be happy to investigate further to help you solve any problems.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I’m only a DM away! Have a nice day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.