Workload: Now rolling out to Asana Business and Enterprise users

Hi there!

I’m excited to announce that we’re rolling out Workload—Asana’s take on resource management—this week! Workload provides a visual snapshot of your team’s work and capacity across projects in your portfolios. We’ve heard from many Business and Enterprise customers that they needed this centralized view to be able to see staffing across multiple initiatives at a higher level.

We want to thank our Asana customers who have provided so much crucial feedback during the beta period; this helped our team focus on the most important customer needs. On that note, we will continue to collect feedback in product after launch, and would love to hear from you.

In addition, our user research team has done a lot of work on understanding how customers measure effort, or the size of tasks to be done—and we’ve learned that there are a handful of methods teams prefer. This is why we’re excited to share that our product team is currently hard at work building custom effort features into Workload.

As usual, we will be rolling out this new feature gradually this week, so if this feature is not available to you just yet, don’t worry, it will be very soon. And of course, if you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them in the comments below.

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be making this feature available to all Business and Enterprise customers (including those on trials). For more info on how Workload works, check out the Asana Guide.

Thanks!

19 Likes

WOW! Best news ever! Can’t wait to get it on my account. Congrats Team Asana!

4 Likes

Can’t wait for this and signed up for the Workload estimates. Our business runs on Asana and this is exactly what we need.

@Melissa_Adams: Happy to help feedback and help in anyway we can!

5 Likes

This will be a very useful feature for our team. Also provides a good incentive for onboarding since you can track workload more effectively if stakeholders are fully invested. Looking forward to using this feature!

4 Likes

Yay, so exciting!

@Melissa_Adams we had access to this feature and now it seems have gone again, is there a reason why this would have happened?

Hi @Stace and so sorry for the trouble here!

After rolling out the new Workload feature to 10% of our users, we identified an issue affecting user experience. We made the decision to roll back Workload and slightly delay our initial rollout plan to provide our customers with the best experience possible. Our Team is hard at work to get this fixed, and I’ll make sure to keep you posted here as soon as we start rolling back; thank you so much for your patience and understanding :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We thought that might have been the case, thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am a bit disappointed. I am not able to add Projects to a Portfolio if I am listed as “comment only”. As a standard practice, we list all project members as “comment only”. The Project Owner is the only on allowed to make edits. In this scenario (even though I am an Admin), I am unable to see the workload across the global environment. May I suggest an option in which a Portfolio of Users may be created, as this is the ultimate goal of such a tool.

1 Like

So what is the timeline for the re-release of the workload feature? We are waiting eagerly to get working with this!

1 Like

+1
Today was supposed to be rolled out to all users.

1 Like

So this means I need to keep refreshing my browser running Asana app until it appears or do I need to do anythings special in order to get this feature to work?

Hi folks,

Good news; we’ve started rolling out Workload again! It is currently available to 10% of our users and should be fully rolled out in the next couple of days (so if you’re still not seeing it, don’t worry, it will soon be available to you!)

Again thank you so much for your patience, we really appreciate it!

2 Likes

My understanding is that whenever there is a large product update like this asana automatically logs you out and makes you log back in. So that may be a sign that something (potentially the addition of Workload) has changed within asana. If anyone else has better insight, I’d love to know as well!

2 Likes

Is there a future plan to implement skills for resource planning? Or is there a way to do it with custom fields? Hoping to get my org switched over from OpenAir :slight_smile:

I am unhappy to tell you that we cannot this feature since we once tested the business tier already. So we hope it is nice, congratulations to those who will use it

This feature just rolled out to our team today (yay!). I’ve been really looking forward to it. However, am I correct that it does not count subtasks in workload? If that’s the case, it’s not going to be very useful to us :pensive:

3 Likes

Hi folks;

Workload is now available to 50% of our users and will be enable for everyone else in the next couple of days! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just checking to see when Workload will be available for everyone. My Command & R buttons are about to fall off :wink:

1 Like

Only a couple of days to go @Brian_Massey :slight_smile:

I’ll make sure to update this thread as soon as it’s out to 100%!