Using Templates In An Existing Project

projects

I want to be able to insert templates into an existing project. Seems simple enough. Otherwise, the only other option is to manually duplicate each task, which is painful.

0 Likes

Have you thought of having a set of CSV files to import into the project? Here is the guide: https://asana.com/guide/help/api/csv-importer#gl-import-subtasks In addition I created an Excel Spreadsheet with dynamic date changing to recognize holidays, weekends etc. Import With Dynamic Due Dates

0 Likes

Create a project based on a template and move the tasks all at once into the main project. This is another solution.

1 Like

I learned you can shift+click tasks to move them around in bulk. Time-saver! Thanks.

1 Like

CSV also sounds like a respectable alternative.

Tested it out. Exported a template which had the columns:
Task ID Created At Completed At Last Modified Name Assignee Assignee Email Start Date Due Date Tags Notes Projects Parent Task

Only problem it seems is I mapped the Parent Task field to “Subtask of” but received errors of “Unsupported value” for every value in that column.

As per the guide:

• The subtask must appear after the row it is a subtask of. (This is automatically done as I have exported the template.)
  • A subtask cannot have the same name as the task it is a subtask of. (None have the same name)
0 Likes

@Josh11 I assume @Marie can point you to the right resource to help answer your question. In the meantime, how many tasks and sub tasks do you have typically in your reoccurring need.

0 Likes