Push project template updates to existing projects

template

Hi, Can you please consider adding the functionality of allowing you to push any changes made to a project template out across all projects created originally using this template? Cheers.

Template Updates - Updating other projects using that template
Template Updates - Updating other projects using that template

That promise to be one hell of a development challenge. What if someone removed a task that changed, do you add it again? What if someone was fine with the original task name and you change it in the template? What if you remove a task in the template, don’t you think people would get angry to have tasks disappearing? I am not sure miroring the template is a good idea. Warning any template user on the other hand why not…

What do you think?

I have created a custom project template and now I am using this template with a few projects. If I want to update something in the template itself, how do I get it to update the projects that are using that template?

You don’t, that is not possible. I thought about it and this is hard to wrap your head around the concept because you might not always want to have the changes propagate. This is a tough one, my guess is that Asana will probably never go this way…

Bastien
Asana Certified Pro, consultant, author and developer

Hi guys, I’m merging this thread with Push project template updates to existing projects to gather feedback, feel free to add your vote on this main thread!