Templates for project status updates

We use Asana to work on projects together with customers. Meaning: guest accounts are
involved in the project. After each milestone in the project we do a status update. For some status updates we almost use the same text (project kick off, postcare, closing). It should be more efficient to have the possibility to create a template for these kind of updates. Now we need to copy/past from a text file.

2 Likes

Hi @Thomas_D, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback :slight_smile:

When you personalise a status update, it will automatically be remembered for your future update. However, I can understand how a set of templates for project status updates would be helpful!

While these aren’t available at this time, hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the future :slight_smile:

I am in the process of helping a team adopt projects status posts and standardize it. I then got the idea that it would be great if there were Status update layouts that I could save a template and then apply it to other project status updates.

Or save templates per project and then decide to use a specific layout when the status is green, and one that highlights overdue tasks when the status is “at risk” and another layout when the status is “Complete”.

This will help to standardize and automate a lot of updates.

3 Likes

Hey @Paul_Grobler,

I completely agree this would be very helpful!

I know about this existing feedback request thread that I also voted on and it seems you are looking for exactly the same feature?

1 Like

@Andrea_Mayer thanks for pointing out the other request. @Forum-team can we merge the posts?

2 Likes

Thanks @Andrea_Mayer and @Paul_Grobler! I’ve gone ahead and merged this post with the main request to consolidate feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes