Rules for Portfolios or Projects

Are there any plans to add Rules to Projects or Portfolios?

We use Portfolio view to do multi-level reviews of our ongoing projects, and we have a few processes that are tied to our status changes on a project level (At Risk and Off Track trigger a Project Manager to Client communication for example).

We would love to be able to apply some automation to the Project Level, and be able to manage it in Portfolio view.

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing this feedback @JoshFinch! I don’t believe this is in our near term plans, but I can definitely see how useful it would be to some of you! I’ve made a note of your feedback to our Product Team and I’ll be sure to keep you posted via this thread as soon as I have an update!

3 Likes

I would like to alert the project manager when percent complete (custom field) on the portfolio is > 90%. I used advanced search to filter projects > 90% but query returned says it can’t fin any when I know there are a few projects on the list that are >90% complete

1 Like

Great request @anon17001468! As it stands, Rules are currently not available in Portfolios but if we have any plans to implement it I’ll let you know :slight_smile:

Hi Emily, Thanks for letting me know. Can you tell me why advanced search might not be working with the filter I have set. If Custom field (% Complete) > 90% then show me the project

I’ve voted and would also love to see this! Some examples of how we would use it:

• Every time a project is added to a team, it gets automatically added to a certain portfolio
  • Automatically assign task/check-ins when projects are dropping behind schedule (or show a low completion rate, off-track status update, etc.)
6 Likes

Yes, it would be absolutely amazing to be able to automate the adding of projects with specific labels or assignees to specific portfolios. Please and thank you!

4 Likes

Yes! Rules for Projects and Portfolios is soooo needed.

• Within a project, you should be able to set the portfolio(s) and then also change the portfolio (or add to another) when a milestone is reached or other triggers.

• You should also be able to assign portfolio(s) in a template and at project creation.

7 Likes

We are very much in need of rules for portfolios and teams. For example, one rule that would be highly useful to us is that when a new project is added to a certain team, that project is also added to an existing portfolio.

8 Likes

I would like to be able to create the same automations at the project level as I am at the task level. Being able to automatically add projects to portfolios based off of project-level fields would be incredibly useful.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum and thanks for sharing your feedback with us, @anon4021750! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback. Please don’t forget to upvote for this feature in the option besides the title :slight_smile:

Hi there, is this still out of scope? Being able to create rules to keep multiple portfolios in sync would be amazing.

1 Like

I would also like to see this. Particularly the once a project is added to a team it’s added to the portfolio as this reduces clerical errors when managing workload

Checking on an update on rules being part of portfolios. Any movement or projected date of release?

@Marie any update son this?

Yes please. Huge missing feature for Portfolios.

Best,

Rick

Rick Nott, CFA, CFP®, CPWA®

Senior Wealth Advisor

rnott@lourdmurray.com

310.651.2526 direct

949.698.2472 mobile

10900 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 500
Los Angeles, CA 90024

www.lourdmurray.com

Send me documents

| Cody_Horton
24 September |

• | - |

@Marie any update son this?

Les règles permettent l’automatisation de tâches triviales: ce dont j’ai besoin dans la gestion de mon équipe et de nos tâches afin de me dégager du temps.

Voici mes suggestions :

1. Rendre les “Règles personnalisées” duplicables d’un “Projet” à l’autre comme les “Modèle de tâche”
  2. Permettre aux “Règles” d’agir sur les “Détails de projet”, afin de modifier les données propres à un “Projet” en particulier
  3. Permettre aux “Portefeuille” d’avoir des “Règles”
  4. Permettre aux “Règles” de “Tâche” de déclencher ces nouvelles “Règles” de “Portefeuille”
  5. Permettre aux “Règles” de générer des alertes, des actions: plus précisément dans mon cas des alertes générées à partir des “Total de colonne” (issus des champs personnalisés qui sont des nombres) lorsqu’un certain montant est dépassé

Bonjour @Théodore_Leblond_Cat et bienvenue :wave:

Merci beaucoup pour vos questions, @Julien_RENAUD et @Bastien_Siebman pourriez-vous s’il vous plaît jeter un oeil à ceci et voir si vous pouvez penser à des solutions de contournement :pray:

Les Règles doivent être copiées lorsque vous dupliquez ou créez un projet à partir d’un modèle. Veuillez noter qu’il faudra quelques secondes pour que les règles apparaissent dans votre nouveau projet, mais une fois le projet entièrement créé, elles se trouveront dans votre section Personnaliser.

Je vois qu’il y a déjà une demande pour les Portefeuilles d’avoir des Règles ici : Rules for Portfolios or Projects - #15 by Cody_Horton Donc, je vais fusionner votre demande dans celle-ci

Bonjour @Théodore_Leblond_Cat

1. Les règles sont copiées quand on duplique un projet
  2. Impossible Ă  ce jour
    3 et 4. Les règles de portefeuilles n’existent pas et c’est une bonne idée :+1:
  3. Ce type de règle n’est pas disponible à ce jour. Il y a peut-être une solution via l’API, @Bastien_Siebman donnera son avis :wink:

Julien

Avec de l’automatisation et en utilisant l’API, on peut en effet créer un équivalent des règles sur les portefeuilles mais il faut définir quelles règles exactement.

@Mary_C ne devrait-on pas forker la discussion pour l’héberger dans le forum français ?