Please make a Premium Solo Plan

Hey Asana! I want to clarify something:

The reason you have a minimum of 5 team members is probably because you need to dedicate a certain amount of time and resources to each workspace to help get it set up correctly and maintained. For just 1-4 users, it may not seem worthwhile to do that.

But users have the same problem as you do! For teams of 1-4 users, it’s not worthwhile to spend a lot of time setting up an Asana workspace.

So I think what people really want is version of Asana product for very small teams. It would be set up with completely a self-service tool. Just a few online forms and videos, and 30 minutes later a few projects and templates are automatically set up and are good enough to get to working. If they’re still not perfect, the projects and templates can be modified by the users as they go along.

The benefits to Asana are two:

1. Short term: revenue from a zillion more people.

2. Long term: more large accounts later. If you started using Asana when your team was 2 people, you’re not likely to move over to Wrike or Trello when you’re 200 people!

Thanks!

13 Likes

There’s a thousand reason other people already stated in this thread to let a 1 user plan happen.

I’ve been using Asana as a freelancer for the past week. It really rocks, I’ve converted from Todoist and I love it. I don’t see any reasons why technically nor financially Asana wouldn’t let a 1 user plan exist.

Also, locking advanced search and reports features behind a (5 * monthly pricing) pay wall is absurd in my humble opinion. I would love to have these features!

11 Likes

Love Asana, been using it for years. I created a community account just to gripe about this though. I am a freelancer and want 1 premium account. 2 -3 tops. but 5 is ridiculous. I find myself needing some premium features but can’t bring myself to paying 37.5 a month for just myself.

12 Likes

Wow ! I use Asana for a few days, I wrote about it, recommended it to everybody I talk to, deleted my Trello boards, was about to delete my MeisterTask boards, and today was my day to buy a one year subscription at 6,50$/month in Asana

Then what, 350$ asked ! This is insane, I lost my time :frowning:

I will have to tell all my friends that I made a mistake telling them Asana was good and that the price was fake advertising …

22 Likes

Same problem here.
Thinking of start an organisation where you could pay for solo premium account.
You can have your own workspace with premium features.
Would that be welcome?

Please let me know

7 Likes

It might be the best that’s possible under the current circumstances but Iknow that some of my personal projects are just that. Also client projects are often commercially sensitive and sometimes my work is under NDA

2 Likes

Looks like asana isn’t going to introduce any solution for solo or really small teams. This subject is discussed for at least two years (asana could get our money for two years now, instead they don’t get any). Our team of 2, didn’t switched to other solutions because there weren’t any to compare with asana. And I did test at least dozen of them (I know from all my notifications I still get). I’ve started to missing more some premium features, plus wanted to support them, but support have only one automatic response for that, and there are no other indications they might change their pricing model. So I’ve searched again for some new alternatives, and revisit old once and found one (can’t write its name, or I will probably be shushed again). There was actually two we’ve considered, but decided to go with . We are waiting for calendar feature we need and we will switch for most of our project, but leave asana for those where we still need guest account (the new one don’t have it yet, it’s on their roadmap).

Bottom line is. If basic features are enough for you, stick with asana. If you need something more, and you are a solo or team of two, then maybe it’s time to search for alternatives or wait with fingers crossed that maybe asana some day will introduce some mini plan. We’ve waited two years :wink:

7 Likes

Yeah i understand, if i setup an smal asana organisation, it is an matter of trust that I don’t snif in you workspace. I can imagin that that will be a no go for you.
But if you trust me, feel free to contact me for an private asana organisation :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Their system is designed in such a way that it should hardly make a difference if they set up an organization with 1 member or 100. No one is physically interacting with the area to assign X amount of users, the entire process is automated.

I’m not pointing this out to stir a debate, only to demonstrate that the reason they’re making this decision seems to be completely business or bureaucratic.

What I can’t figure out is what their alternative was. They may have had an analyst look at it and say you will make X amount of dollars providing service to teams of 1-4 users, however (I’m not sure what the however is, but it must be worth more).

I would also like to see a 1 user or less than five users options. I’d prefer a fair pricing scale, but I would be willing to pay a small premium for the hardship it will cause Asana.

4 Likes

Hi folks! Thank you so much for your thoughts here. I’ve forwarded your feedback to our product team and they’re aware of your thoughts and concerns. I’m going to need to close the thread at this time, so the team can explore their options. Feel free to send me a direct message at @Alexis if you have any other things you’d like to share. Thanks!

19 Likes

I had to get your attention - forgive me. I actually would like to upgrade my account…but therein lies the problem. You see I’m a consultant working at an MSP. I’ve had multiple clients from different organizations (think different email domains) invite me to what…‘follow’ topics/projects of theirs on Asana. What does that make me on Asana - a guest (loser) user? I want (need - its like a status thing now) to pay $6.25/month for Premium features. But when I click the huge UPGRADE button - I realize Asana has crazy people in charge. I must convince an entire ‘organizations’ to upgrade. Have you ever herded cats? I won’t be able to convince my entire organization to upgrade. But say I did (I didn’t - it’s impossible) that would upgrade my email domain. When I ‘did stuff’ on other organizations’ projects/tasks - would I have my Premium features or would my premium features only appear if THAT organization also had Premium features? Am I a ‘guest user’ on all Asana projects that belong to a different email domain? My head just exploded. I know what needs to be done. I’ll make an ultimatum. Someone from Asana had better take my $6.25/month this very moment and upgrade me to all the cool features in Premium or I’ll…

3 Likes

Your point is well taken. Like you, I am an independent consultant. As an independent consultant, the thought of being forced to purchase five licenses because I need one is insulting.

I do like Asana. It’s feature list is hard to beat. And in fact, I have only two complaints with Asana. But their upgrade criteria is my chief complaint - and has been since Asana started moving non-team features behind this “we don’t care about smaller teams” paywall.

2 Likes

In searching for information on premium features for individuals, I came across several posts (with votes) requesting a pricing option for 1 person teams. Is it possible to merge all of the following posts into one? They are all asking for basically the same thing. This way, all of us hoping for a pricing option for individuals can vote on the same topic and hopefully get a response. Thanks!

9 Likes

Agreed mate - Im still waiting so much on this.
Lets gather the fire power and upvote this one

12 Likes

Please merge these posts and allow us to accumulate fair votes

8 Likes

Would it be an idea to share an premium version of asana so each could use it solo?
Than i can open the account, you pay me the money and i pay Asana?

If possible please let me know.

3 Likes

Please consider creating a Premium tier for single user organizations. I am a single user and would like to be able to use Premium but cannot see paying for 5 people so that I as an individual can get access to the additional functionality. I am effectively “stuck” in the free model and its features because your Premium price structure is prohibitive for individual users, as much as I would like to leverage the additional functionality added in the Premium service.

I am a vocal supporter of your service and still direct others to use the FREE service, but now I have gotten to the point where it would really helpful to be able to access the additional Premium options like Custom fields to further refine my setup and to help radically increase my productivity. I am losing opportunities and productivity having to test other services to see if I can cobble together something similar to the features that you what you already offer in Premium but at a price point that just isn’t feasible for an individual user.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 Likes

I am Product Manager with startup firm , As a typical start up firm, every penny matters for our firm. It is a small firm and I am the sole user of th Asana and would live to have premium single user option.

3 Likes

I am also a one-person team using Asana. Can you please offer single user pricing?? Single users will just use the free version yet so many are offering to give you all money for a premium version - just not the amount you require for a 5-person team. I can’t, for the life of me, figure out why a business would refuse someone’s money and just leave them using the free version?

6 Likes

Also add these:
https://forum.asana.com/t/premium-please-support-single-user-upgrades/5160/7

1 Like