Please make a Premium Solo Plan

Hi,

I am using Asana for personal use. Heavily. In order to fully replace every note-taking / personal task-management feature, I need premium features, mostly advanced reports (which was not premium feature till recently as far as I remember).

I would strongly consider upgrading if I could but it seems it’s only catered to organizations. I need to pay for 5 users at least which means 32$ :slight_smile:

Currently I just hope that workarounds can work for me because importing everything to somewhere else will be a pain.

4 Likes

+1, I use Asana at work, and recently moved to Asana to manage personal todo for my household as well. I was disappointed that I’d have to pay for 5 users, when I currently only have 2.

10 Likes

Agreed.

Asana’s product has filled out nicely over the past few years. The additional features, along with fluid collaboration, are enough to tempt me away from OmniFocus as my household todo app.

But $30/mo for task management is too steep. Until the Premium pricing model becomes accessible to personal users, I’ll use other technology.

7 Likes

https://forum.asana.com/t/pricing-for-1-user/978/14?u=yehoshua_levine

4 Likes

Asana is Awesome, I have tried Trello & Todoist but none of them provide the powerful functions as Asana do. I am willing to pay for premium account to enjoy extra features however it is too expensive for a SOLO marketer like me to pay for 5 users premium just to use those functions!

Please provide option for 1 user upgrade and you will open up a big huge market on TONS of SOLO marketer out there.

17 Likes

I’m in the same boat as Eric!

5 Likes

As a freelancer or contractor, the pricing model makes it very difficult to upgrade to premium. Is there an affiliate marketing program at least?

3 Likes

I agree, can you please make this available for a single person?

4 Likes

Hello,

I’ve been waiting for Asana to introduce a plan for “1 user” since over a year now but still nothing. I know Asana is built with teams in mind, but I operate as an independent freelancer and use Asana solely by myself. I would love to pay a premium subscription per month (say $10/month) but paying $37.5 a month because we can’t purchase less than 5 seats is TOO much. I will never have a team nor do I need one. I’ve been told over a year ago that my request has been passed along but seeing all this time without an update make me wonder if there’s any actual plans for Asana to consider this.

I know Asana is free, but I also want to use advanced premium features like task dependencies and custom fields, but at $37.5 for one user that’s almost insane.

Can you please let me know if you can make exceptions or if you’re working on this already, with any ETA on when this will roll out? I can pay up to $15/month if that’s possible I’d appreciate if you someone from sales contacts me and I’ll send the payment any way you like so you can enroll me in the automatic monthly payment.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Wassim

19 Likes

Thanks for letting me know Rich. I find Asana pricing model to be really weird! No wonder they’re missing many many sales from freelancers. It’s a very bad decision for any business to ignore independent contractors, as the number of people working online independently is really huge!

At least introduce a plan for 1-3 users. I can’t believe I have to pay $37.5 every month and use it by myself. What a pity. I night have to look elsewhere.

23 Likes

Many of us are in the same situation. Check out getflow.com, that seems to be the ship that many are considering the most comparable to Asana. They just raised the prices last week - no heads up or anything - It’s silly, really.

I suppose they feel this is the direction they need to go in to continue to grow their business.

Good luck–

7 Likes

Thanks for the tip, Rich!

Honestly speaking? Flow is “nowhere” comparable to Asana. In fact, most other project management apps are inferior to Asana. The way the product is created and its intuitive interface and easy navigations & advanced features aren’t found anywhere else.

I’ve used almost every other project management app, and at least for me, Asana is the best of them all. It’s just their non sense pricing model that is driving me crazy. It’s precisely as you said it in the other thread, they seem to be saying to you “we don’t want you here”.

Best regards,
Wassim

18 Likes

+1 I am frustrated with the pricing model for under 5 users. I want to test it out with the premium features but don’t want to pay the $40 for a month.

13 Likes

It was $25 not even a week ago, and thankfully that is all I had to pay for the privilege of getting to “demo” their system.

3 Likes

I ended up buying the 5 users plan. I paid $37.5 for this, and presumably, I’m going to pay this amount every month. If the product was priced at this amount I would understand, but the problem is that 5 people using the software are being charged the same amount when the software is used by only one person (who’s not going to have a team ever).

I find this very unfair. I hope Asana seriously considers our request of launching a more fair plan for freelancers. Away of that I love the premium features so far. Keep up the great work.

Best regards,
Wassim

14 Likes

I wonder if that has anything to do with the profit margin per premium user? Perhaps Asana has determined that it is not worth the small subscription fee to manage billing, administration, and the launch of a separate service (including decisions, marketing, customer service, internal training, another layer of premium vs free separation) for the $10-$15 subscription fee model.

I am in a very similar position. However, I have to admit that I TRULY appreciate that I’ve had access to a free subscription where I’ve had up to 3 employees and 5-6 guests interacting in my Asana workspace at any given time completely for free. For me, it’s been amazing to have such a core part of my business free.

On the flip side, if Asana were to launch a smaller scale (1-3 user “freelancer” level) subscription, there is 1 thing I’d want access to as a premium user: custom fields.

I use Asana for everything - managing sales, internal operations, marketing, client projects of all different types, and more. When I interact with freelancers, Asana is the only tool I require that they interact with. Custom fields would allow me to be far more effective without using my own ad hoc version of task-level template creation (I do this: https://youtu.be/3uK61ywVlBk). That’s also assuming custom fields is customizable per project/team. If not, it’s of no use to me.

14 Likes

I’d more than happy to pay for custom fields and custom templates but $35/m is a bit steep for me (approx AUS$45/m).

Can you introduce a freelancer model for $12.50/m? It would cover the cost of two people.

15 Likes

I’ve been reporting the same problem, but with similar results. Not in Asana’s plans to change.
As I reported, if I can get 80%-90% of the functionality elsewhere at less than a third of the cost (or 20% of the cost, depending on whether Asana starts enforcing the $9.95 per user per month minimum again).

And it’s a shame, because it pushes us away from an otherwise nice product.

13 Likes

If you haven’t already, you might check out Podio.com. Requires at least an interest in technical work, but you can easily drag and drop to build workspaces, applications, and an at $24 a month get advanced workflows to help automate significant portions of your business. I use it for my solo-practice because it’s so flexible and I’m on the free edition. Asana is cleaner from a PM standpoint, but Podio offers a full business management platform.

okay, now let’s see if I get kicked out of the user forum!

1 Like

The 5 Person Minimum ist a huge bummer! So obviously freelancers are not welcomed here. Just as I got used to it and started to implement my scrum workflow for personal tasks, I need to leave asana now, just due to the st_pid pricing system. I would pay my 1 person share, but to pay for 5 while using 1, of course not. So many other SaaS companies use also one person pricing successfully, why do you block us out? I really love the software, but the business model is screwed up. Bye!

11 Likes