Please make a Premium Solo Plan

Another single user here. Would love to use some premium features but $30/mth is too expensive. I’ve moved to Todoist (paid)/Trello/Instagantt to manage my work, but would move back to Asana in a heartbeat if I could pay for premium services at a reasonable price.

4 Likes

Learned of the new asana premium features, and finally decided to pay for the premium tier of the service. However like many others here, I only needed 2 licenses and learned I would be charged for 5 (the way the pricing is advertised is extremely misleading by the way).

Unfortunate that I’m stuck in the free tier…but can’t justify paying for 5 licenses when I only need one. What’s the point of this? Are individual freelancers really signing up for 5 licenses when they need 1? Or are you intentionally discouraging this group from becoming customers? Very confusing. Would be willing to pay for a single license as soon as this becomes an option.

6 Likes

I am also considering Asana as an individual freelancer, but would like the premium features.

4 Likes

Hello Asana. It’s very helpfull thing for many of us. Why you can’t do it? It’s very strange ):

3 Likes

As a new (free) user to Asana it would be great to hear directly from Asana why they have not implemented a sub 5 user (preferably single user) premium account plan. I find it mind boggling that they want to force me to stay using their services for FREE when they could be collecting something from me.

For me, I do mostly consulting work and I have no need for any more than 1 license and I won’t pay the “asking” price for the min 5 user account. Though I have loved the system and is a great fit for my needs, after reading the requests (plee’s even) for a lower price point from our market segment I won’t subscribe until one is offered - if anything out of principle at this point.

Please Asana, give me (us) more then “we are looking into it”, it’s been years since this has been requested - you are losing revenue (and market share).

8 Likes

I have to agree with this. I am a “Solopreneur”, and would love the Premium features. But I am not paying for 5 licences when I only need one.

Asana is currently advertised as £5 per month per user for 5 users. That £25 per month is far too much for me. But I would likely pay £5 per month for one user if this was an option. I can’t say I would pay more than that, honestly (especially not without being able to see all your tasks from all workspaces in one place). But surely that £5 per month is better than nothing for Asana as a business?

4 Likes

I’ve already commented on another thread. But I’m just gonna leave this here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/on-numbers/scott-thomas/2012/09/22-million-us-businesses.html

22 million one person businesses in the US alone (in 2012 might I add)…

7 Likes

I am in the same situation. I am the only one in my company using Asana. At present I use the free edition. I would gladly pay for a single user. But not for 5 users. I do not go to the shop for one liter of milk and pay for five.

4 Likes

+1 for this request. (What a strange omission?)

1 Like

+1 for this Request.

1 Like

I’m giving up hope anybody listens.
In the meantime I’d recommend to have a look at Clickup, It resembles Asana in many ways and offers individual plans. It’s not as powerful as Asana, at least for now, but looks promising.

4 Likes

Please Asana, introduce a premium option for single users! I really don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t.

2 Likes

Let’s start a movement. If everyone that would like to see this posts in here daily, once a week, some regular time period they will not be able to ignore us forever.

Asana is LOSING MONEY from people like use. People that, once entrenched in using the Asana product will expand their usage as time moves forward and will further spread the praises for the product.

I know Asana is ignoring us because they do not see us as a profitable (or even valuable) customer based…but they are wrong.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’m only looking to add the timeline feature from premium and I’m willing to pay for it. I’ve lost a lot of respect for Asana for not listening to it’s users and I’ve now found a 3rd party timeline for free by using instagantt.

3 Likes

This is my 3rd post…I will post as often as needed until we, those potential Customers Asana is Ignoring, get a good reason why a single user premium license is not being made available to me (us).

1 Like

@Marie, @Alexis - on of the previous threads on this topic had a vote count of 32 and another with 17. Is there anyway to transfer the votes here to give this product feedback more weight? I feel like consolidating posts in this way is causing a loss in momentum for a possible pricing update.

Hi @Alexis - it seems like there’s enough interest here for a valid update. Is this something under consideration at any level? If not, I think it’s fair to let this market segment go instead of having us hope there’s going to be a change.

2 Likes

Any sort of info would be good here so that we can make an informed decision. Has anyone taken to social media with these concerns?

1 Like

Well it does seem like Asana listens to its users. They take good ideas from the community and turn them into premium features…

2 Likes

@Chris_Lambert, makes sense to me. I think the next few moves involve a social media campaign.