As part of this special Integrations Edition of Forum Leader Tips, I’m covering an integration I should know better than anybody else—because I created it!
Asana2Go is a free*, 5-star-rated Chrome (and MS Edge, Opera, and Brave) extension that enables you to copy, print, and export flexibly from Asana. It works with all free/paid Asana plans, requires no extra login/authentication, and does not modify/write anything in your Asana.
Asana2Go has a diverse set of features, including some that Asana2Go’s over 10k users may not be aware of!
The Basics: Copy, export, and print from Asana flexibly
- Key Benefit: Work in Asana to use its full power even when your collaborators do not
- See your Asana tasks and subtasks in any of 20 standard, innovative output formats, from Eisenhower Matrix to mindmaps
- Get content out of Asana (for copy/paste, email, PDF, CSV, etc.) or view it differently, either repeatedly or ad-hoc
- Select tasks or subtasks (even more than 50) to report on from any Project, My Tasks, Search Results, etc.
- Experts can tweak any standard format or create their own custom ones from scratch using the in-tool authoring environment
- Quick overview and survey of default report formats (90-sec video clip)
Quickly generate a slideshow: Turn Asana tasks/subtasks into slides with virtually no overhead
- Key Benefit: The quickest way to deploy your Asana content in slides; PowerPoint/Keynote not required
- Share your Asana content as an attractive, interactive slideshow using a simple but rich built-in presentation framework (or get a nice PDF of your slides)
- There’s even an integrated speaker notes facility
- Your slide content lives in Asana, enabling you to create content collaboratively using regular Asana tasks and comment threads
- Launch your slide show from Asana tasks (30-sec video clip)
- How Asana2Go creates slides from your tasks (30-sec video clip)
Gain productivity: Set a Due date in four keystrokes, multi-home, and triage
- Key Benefit: Productivity; I use this dozens of times every day to save time and focus
- Use a customizable keyboard shortcut to quickly and flexibly set Start/Due dates (and optional times) using natural language
- Optionally triage at the same time to your My Task sections and even multi-home to another project
- Operate on either tasks or subtasks (even more than 50) selected from any Project, My Tasks, Search Results, etc.
- Asana’s regular date-setting interface remains available; use either as desired
- Set dates quickly with Asana2Go (2.5-min video clip)
Install Asana2Go now in a half minute by watching this installation video clip (37 seconds)
Learn more at the Asana2Go website, Asana2Go YouTube channel (demo/how-to videos), Asana2Go Medium publication (including feature explainers), and in the Asana2Go inline Help. For a detailed introduction, watch the 5-min video Asana2Go: What it does and how to use it (and get a bonus peek at an earlier Asana UI!)
* Note: Asana2Go is free for private or commercial use except as follows: You may not receive payment based explicitly on the use of Asana2Go (e.g., its report formats and output) without express prior written permission.