Join over 10k other Asana folks who use Asana2Go - free for all private and most commercial use

You’ll be surprised at the variety of things you can do with Asana2Go, a multi-purpose tool to flexibly copy, export and print from Asana (disclaimer: I’m the creator):

• Interactive tables Responsive list view, multi-column sorts, ascending/descending, hide/show 20+ columns, filter-as-you-type, etc.
  • Instant Slide Presentations Just from your existing Asana tasks/subsections/subtasks including automatic slide builds/transitions, full presentation view navigation, cursor, even speaker notes
  • Work with Non-Asana Users Facilitates your working in Asana even when your collaborators don’t
  • Novices Select from 20 different standard reports/outputs including various kinds of lists, tables, CSVs, etc.
  • Experts Create your own custom output using the embedded authoring tool with data and language helpers and full documentation
  • Easy to Try Installs in 30 seconds; Works with all free/paid Asana plans; No extra login/authentication required; Does not modify/write anything in your Asana; Asana2Go is a Chrome Extension but MS Edge and Opera browsers are fully compatible

Learn about all the features of Asana2Go:

Explainer videos showing Asana2Go and how to use it:

Articles about Asana2Go features and use (with embedded videos):

Thanks,

Larry

4 Likes

Wow 7500 :star_struck: amazing. Congrats

1 Like

Hi @lpb

The Asana2Go extension looks very promising. Do you plan to make the extension available for Firefox users too?

1 Like

Thanks, @Silvan. I’m afraid I don’t have any plans to port to Firefox. Although I respect Mozilla and Firefox, Asana2Go is a labor of love for me and I can’t justify this effort after the hundreds of hours that have gone in already!

While Asana2Go can be really handy and even indispensable at times, it’s generally not needed all day long (or sometimes even every single day). When it’s needed, I feel it’s an option to fire up Chrome, Edge, or Opera (it works in all those) to get the job done.

Sorry, and thanks again,

Larry

Hi Larry

Thank you for the quick answer. And you are absolutely right, it is for sure no problem to work on Chrome for these specific tasks where Asana2Go is needed.

I did some quick research because I figured that in 2021 it should be possible to have extensions for multiple browsers without customizations for each browser :see_no_evil: :grin:.

I’m not sure if this is really possible, but Firefox has a test to check if customizations are needed or not. just in case you want to test it: https://www.extensiontest.com/

1 Like

I appreciate that, @Silvan, but in the process of development I actually did this and know there is work involved.

Not quite true for extensions I’m afraid, though for Edge and Opera it was painless–but that’s because they’re really similar browsers.

Having done HTML/CSS/JavaScript for a long time, I can tell you that browsers are a walk in the park today compared to back then! Before web apps and other work, I built some websites to learn. In case you’re a jazz fan, here’s one from 1996 that still works with much of the original code: http://bennycarter.com/

Larry

I figured you @lpb had already looked at those options. In this case, extensions aren’t cross-browser-ready yet after all. But clearly Edge should go without a problem now, because they have switched to Chromium. Thanks for the explanations and for this awesome extension!

And awesome with the still working website from 1995. Those were different times. I briefly checked which Internet Explorer was available back then: Internet Explorer 1 and 2. Unbelievable!

Silvan

1 Like

Hi Larry,

Asana2Go looks very promising! I was wondering if it has capability to export Portfolio Views which includes the project name, owner and importantly - the status updates?

Forgive me if I’m posting in the wrong area :slight_smile:

Rachel

Thanks, @Rachel_Page!

You’re in luck. Asana2Go can do that (see below). It doesn’t start with or require Portfolios (which means that it only requires Asana Premium, not Business or Enterprise) so it work a little differently, but it displays project name, owner and latest status update with a unique set of other capabilities:

Larry

1 Like