Company Wiki

We badly need to get rid of any application and have all the company information within asana.
The biggest thing we miss is a wiki portal to document things across all teams, a proper documentation view and only editable by the organizers.

5 Likes

You can have comment-only projects and use tasks to share content. Or you can export each project using a tool like Asana2Go…

3 Likes

Hi,

You can use a board project to make a wiki.
For instance it could be something like this:

And when you open a task, you get detailed information.
We have created such a wiki in my company and it is very useful. In the tasks, we filled in the format of the logins, the format of the password and all additional information necessary to book a hotel, a car, … We also have a column containing useful links for all the employees (training, directory, …).

The project is visible to everyone but read only.

7 Likes

Hi Julien,

I see your point. That would be a way to do it, but not precisely ideal in my opinion. Mayne it is just a matter of displaying the tasks as a document, not as a task, with images in between, markdown, headers, etc.
more like this approach? like an hybrid between Google Docs inside asana. How lovely would be that?

Also thinking of set a task as a “document” like we can do now with milestones…

13 Likes

It existed, it was called three-dots and was created by me =) I generated a basic website based on an Asana project, exactly what you described. But there was not enough demand, the project was discontinued. I am happy to discuss about reviving it!

13 Likes

do you mean that an article-like task existed in asana?
How wonderful would have this functionality?
I could play around with some wireframes for this?

15 Likes

It was a third-party app. Love your wireframe :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks! do you think that something like this is in the mind of the Asana team? can someone confirm this?

1 Like

We have several like this in our business for our employees to reference. Works well.

1 Like

This is a great way of representing a Wiki in Asana @Julien_RENAUD will definitely keep this in mind for a couple of upcoming things I have in the works…

Jason.

2 Likes

Hi @Jesus_Garcia_Gonzale;

I love this idea! As far as I’m aware this is not in our near term plan, but this is definitely something we could consider for a future update! The best workaround in the meantime is probably the one described by @Julien_RENAUD with a Board Project! I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have more information!

9 Likes

Thank you @Marie for answering, it is really nice to see how the team involves with the community. I will try to add my 2cents with some mockups

3 Likes

Bumping this because it’s the one thing stopping Asana from being perfect!

11 Likes

Has anyone any experience working with asana integrated; https://slite.com/ for this purpose?

We are also in need of somewhere to keep our manuals etc.

I have a strong need for a Wiki or Knowledge Base (KB) for our small team and I’d like to put it in Asana as well. Were there any product enhancements to now support this?

The biggest risk I see is if someone marks the task as “complete” and it then falls off the default view. Granted, changing the view to “See all” would show it, but another little burden on the user.

3 Likes

Make the project a comment-only project, or by default show all tasks and not just incomplete and voilà you get a wiki =)

Guru was made exactly for this - https://www.getguru.com/

It’s an amazing solution for company wikis, process docs, etc. The browswer extension let’s you access any content from any page without switching tabs.

1 Like

If guru does not have any integration with Asana, I believe @moderators should remove your comment as it is off-topic.

2 Likes

We are also looking for a wiki app to play nicely with Asana, gdrive/gmail, and slack. ‘Get guru’ seems like a great option but there is no Asana integration (which is weird since Guru uses Asana - Asana Case Study - Guru • Asana).

If there’s no upcoming integ w/Guru, and we’d like a little more KB functionality than an Asana board can provide, has anyone tried any other apps?

Looking at: Hierarchy, versioning, integs, search across apps, cost/limitations (we are <10 users at the moment), read-only access, access for external, SSO-google, ease of editing/UI, security, additional cool useful features.

Thanks!

3 Likes

We are also looking for a wiki app or wiki functionalities.
There are often ongoing topics/ tasks, which need to be documented in more detail.
There is no done after 1 week. Would be great if there are more options.
Or from a single task a link to a wiki project as shown by @Jesus_Garcia_Gonzale. I really like that one.

3 Likes