When our assistant Julie decided to take 2 weeks off, we had 2 choices: curl up on the floor and cry, or get our hands dirty and discuss how to make sure nothing falls through the cracks in her absence.
Here’s the list of things to do we came up with:
- choose who will be monitoring Julie’s tasks in her absence, and have that person creates a daily recurring task to check her My Tasks
- make sure Julie shared her My Tasks with this person, so we can triage things in her absence
- have Julie create a rule in her My Tasks: New Task > Comment “I am off until XXX”
- have Julie change her name in the settings to include the dates (she goes from “Julie” to “Julie (away until Sept 27th)”)
- have Julie turn on the “away” mode in her settings
- assign a task to Julie due when she is back to roll back those changes
- have Julie check any tasks or milestones due during her absence and take appropriate actions
This is the complete list of things we did, you can decide to only do some of those.
Bonus: you can also have Julie multi-home into a specific project things we would have to check for her when she is away.
Anything I missed?
Thank God, she is back