Welcome to the Asana Community Forum; we’re so happy you’re here!
The Asana Community Forum is a space for Asana users to connect, get help and learn from each other. Here you can ask your questions, share your experience and learn how other teams like yours use Asana.
We designed these guidelines to help you understand how to engage with our community and what to expect from it. Please note your participation here is subject to these guidelines.
Be friendly and respectful.
- We’re a diverse community with different backgrounds, identities, and beliefs. Please treat each other with respect and kindness. We won’t tolerate threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, or other displays of bigotry.
- You may disagree with some members from time to time, and that’s ok! Please ensure to always express your thoughts in the vein of friendship rather than antagonism. We will not tolerate name-calling, bullying, or deliberate attempts to offend or provoke others.
- We welcome constructive feedback about Asana. Our product team heavily relies on feedback shared in the Forum, so if there is something you’d like to share with us, please do! In addition to the following these guidelines , we’re asking you to keep your feedback constructive and on topic. Please note that we can’t respond individually to every request, but we will do our best to post regular updates and let you know if your feature request was implemented.
- Respect the rights of others. You are responsible for the content you post in this community. Nothing you post should infringe the rights of others or violate applicable laws.
Help us keep this forum helpful.
- Search first! The answer to your question or the feedback you’re looking to share with us may already live in the Forum. Before creating a new topic, take a few minutes to search for existing threads you can potentially comment on or upvote. Here are some tips on how to search for information in the Forum!
- Stay on topic! Conversations will take a naturally winding course, but please do not take a thread in a completely new direction.
- Mark helpful answers! If someone has answered your questions or helped you resolve an issue, mark their response as a solution. This is an excellent way to give them credit for their help and help other users possibly run into the same issue/question.
- No spam, please! Spam includes promotional materials, excessive self-promotion, advertisement of direct competitors’ products, and recurring off-topic comments. If you see a post that looks like spam, please flag it. Our moderators will assess the situation and take the necessary action.
- Be transparent. Let’s be transparent and honest with our intentions, identity, and behavior in the community. Please use your real name with your account and never intentionally attempt to mislead other members. Our Community is a collective of peers working together, and collaboration is so much richer when everyone comes to it with integrity and clarity.
This Community Forum is a public space, and our team doesn’t review or approve posts before being published. Please be careful not to share private or sensitive information (including screenshots you may upload to illustrate your posts). Our team will remove any personal information they encounter, but if you identify any such information while navigating the forum, please flag it to our team.
We’re committed to keeping the Asana Community Forum a safe space for all users. If you ever encounter inappropriate or abusive content, please refrain from engaging with it and flag it instead. Our team will review it and determine the appropriate action. To that end, please note that we reserve the right to remove any content that violates our Community Forum Guidelines but do not have an obligation to do so.
The Asana Community Forum is a great place to ask your questions and learn how other teams like yours are making the most of Asana. Our team regularly engages in conversations but primarily focuses on questions that the community did not answer or wasn’t able to respond to. Please note that we cannot support billing issues and some technical questions requiring access to private information for security reasons. If we cannot answer your question in the forum, please contact our support team, who will be happy to help!