Reference numbers for tasks

Phil, are you still able to provide instructions for setting up your zaps for auto-numbering in Asana? If so, I’m interested. Thank you!

@jeremyw,

Oh boy, it’s been a while now - I should have documented it back when I initially did it. I’ll see if I can dig it up!

I tried this product of yours and it does not appear to be working.

Looks like I got it to work - Sweet!

Hi Maggie, I am giving it a try. How long before the numbers populate? Its been some time.

Hi Maggie, What is the wait time on the numbers showing up? I am trying now.

Glad you were able to get it to work. For anyone else that might be having issues, you can follow the steps on our video here:

https://www.projectprocs.com/auto-numbering

Erik, I just sent you an e-mail as well. If you could, reply back and we can discuss why they might not be showing up for you. It usually takes about 5 seconds or so for the number to appear.

Any way to get previous tasks numbered also? Just seems it is for new ones.

Yes we can. However we only do that after setting up a subscription. We can then go through and apply a number to any open tasks.

Well, well. We might finally have a solution folks! I’ll be back to you Maggie.

Thanks,

Erik

Another basic functionality missing from Asana. Is it possible to implement? You just need to make it visible on the edit task screen and searchable.

I met with the Asana team when they were in Seattle recently and this was a common request. Please implement asap as this makes it much easier to track tasks with teams.