šŸ”„ Hottest feature requests and their workarounds

Hey @Bastien_Siebman,

I just posted this: How to have multiple forms for one project.

You might want to add an F14 for Allow to have multiple forms attached to the same project and put my above workaround as a W14.1.

And perhaps, @Bastien_Siebman, my workaround below can be W14.2:

1 Like

I have added the workaround W13.3 & the features F14 F15 F16. Thanks everyone!
cc @Kenichi

2 Likes

I have added F17. Make a project public with the workaround to use Instagantt cc @danielguajardok

Did this get added, I donā€™t see it?

Hey @Bastien_Siebman,

I have an addition for you - you can add my solution for creating unique task IDs as W9.4:

Added to the list, thanks @Phil_Seeman
@AjD thatā€™s Feature 9

1 Like

Hope Iā€™m replying correctly since this is my first community post!

F4 - Certainly this stems from the same issue, but one main problem weā€™re having is the template tasks showing up in our master calendar. This gets quite frustrating because almost all of our tasks are related in some way to a project that stems from a template, resulting in calendar boxes that show only multiple versions of the same tasks. Further, because the calendar box real estate is small, one always has to make sure to expand to see all tasks. I will put a screenshot below by way of example.

I need to assemble a briefing book, SS needs to assemble a briefing book, and because we both always need to do that, the two template versions of the task are also appearing. Easy to see how things get lost quickly).

TL;DR I heartily support templates being templates and not being a real project :slight_smile:

How is your master calendar build? Is that the result of multi-homing? A report? A team calendar?

I have added the workaround W4.5 for template tasks showing up in My Tasks, thanks @LEGGO

@Bastien_Siebman Bonjour Bastien, What a great list! How about adding this one which I found, to my dismay, just today:

CSV exports are truncated at 2000 rows with no warning and no explanation. Those of us who depend on exporting to Excel for our data analysis at least deserve to know this is happening - a notification, something! Obviously the workaround is to break your export down into smaller pieces, though this is a) lame and b) time-consuming.

1 Like
  • I have added a workaround 17.2 for the public project
  • included the CSV truncate feature with 2 workarounds
  • added W10.4 & W10.5 on the multi select custom field
  • added F19 for Asana as a wiki
1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman I was thinking of generating them via Google sheets, with their sub-task using the Asana Batch API, have you come across that?

I never used the Batch API, @Phil_Seeman maybe has some insights.

I havenā€™t actually used the Batch API, either - itā€™s on my (very long) to-do list to play around with it.

1 Like

Hi there, Iā€™d like to suggest adding a completed date. We have a due date field, but no ā€œcompleted dateā€ field. Thanks!

Thanks Olivia, as I said in the intro post, this is not really the thread to ask for product updates, but only to talk about the workarounds :slight_smile: :hugs:

@Bastien_Siebman - Thanks for this wonderful ā€˜cheat sheet.ā€™ For my client this (W4.1) seemed the best solution, however we discovered we need to leave at least one task incomplete, otherwise Asana wonā€™t ask/enable us to update the individual task due dates.

Youā€™re welcome!

That sentence does not make any sense to meā€¦ Can you message me in private with more details? Thanks!

Thanks @lpb for the idea, I added W1.3 ā†’ use subtasks as a workaround for multi-assignees

1 Like