Tasks/Subtasks as Templates

Hi Everyone,

Perhaps this has already been addressed, but I need some help.

I have a task (with subtasks) that I’ve saved as a template. In fact, I have a PROJECT called “templates” where I have this task saved.

I would LOVE to be able to assign tasks to my team within that “template” and simply duplicate. To add a little context, I produce video content so there are alot of steps. Problem now is that if I tried to set up 3 or 4 pieces of content this way, my team gets inbox alert even if I dont assign due dates. I would LOVE to be able to map out content for the month or quarter and my team only be notified when I assign due dates. Right now, I have to assign team members each and every time, which isnt the end of the world, but definitely not efficient. Thanks.

1 Like

Asana doesn’t support this directly, as you know, but it is a much-requested feature.

A possible workaround is to go ahead and make all those assignments in your template, let it generate the notifications to assignees, but then make a task or email to each one telling them for that one time only, just mark them all for “Later” in their My Tasks and ignore those template tasks (they’ll be far out of the way with “Later”) and eventually they’ll get some real tasks with dates. You could see if it could help adding a “IGNORE; TEMPLATE ONLY” tag to all these prior to the assignments, then removing that after before you duplicate for real. Other approaches like that could be used too.

Hope that helps,

Larry

4 Likes

Thanks very much Larry. I really appreciate your feedback!

2 Likes

And if you haven’t yet, feel free to had your vote to this thread from our #productfeedback category :point_right: Template tasks showing for users :slight_smile: