Introducing our new Spreadsheet-Inspired List View!

I feel the same way. Please give us an option to return to the old view.

13 Likes

@abass and @lpb,

Here is the requested GIF :slight_smile: :

9 Likes

@Matthew_Wolf and @tlankford,

I can confirm that our team is actively working on a solution to allow you to resize columns in the new list view, I will make sure to post an update as soon as I have more info. In the meantime, Iā€™m afraid we donā€™t have an option to revert back to the previous version, but if you want to share more about how this update has affected your Workflow, and what modification youā€™d like to see, please let us know in a new #productfeedback so we can escalate this to our Team who is closely looking at feedback to plan on improvements.

And of course if you have any follow-up questions, or if tehre is anything else I can help you with, please let me know!

6 Likes

I love this updateā€¦ there are a few things that will make it even more awesome (Iā€™ll post in feedback as well).

1. I have asked for a shortcut to task duplicate (not copy) for a while now, and itā€™s needed even more now, that the function is short of buried on the task details page.

2. More than ever, we need to have personalized custom views. The power of the filter, sort, etc. is lost without having a custom view for each person. I would be able to set my view and be way more efficient, but alas I canā€™t set my view to just my team as it would be that way for everyone.

3. It would be awesome (if thereā€™s a way) to have the comment counter show if the comment is new. Something like 0/3 or if thereā€™s a new message 1/4. Iā€™m not sure how you would be able to tell that we have seen the message, but I guess if I responded, or navigated to the details pane would be two ways. Iā€™m not sure though.

4. Move the ā€œsend feedbackā€ button, itā€™s cluttering the interface. You donā€™t have to remove it, just move it over an inch or two to the left. So it doesnā€™t look like one of our soft/filter controls.

5. Is there a shortcut to close the details pane?

6. Sometimes you have to be precise clicking on the chevron to open the details panel. And sometimes the chevron doesnā€™t show up unless I click a few times.

But overall, love the change. The fact that I can load more columns now is awesome.

4 Likes

I may have missed this, but what is the maximum number of columns we can have on the screen at any one time? Thanks

2 Likes

Wow! Really amazing! :wink:

1 Like

Same here - while the slide in of the details pane is all nice and dandy, it is missing an option to make it disappear just as fast again. As it is you have to click on the little arrow icon in the top right corner of the task details. Especially when you just want to check a project and its tasks, that way of handling it is very laborious.

1 Like

Are there any plans to have this also come to the ā€œMy Tasksā€ section? It feels so outdated going back to it now :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Hi @Chris_B! You can now have up to 20 columns on your List project :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Francesco_Alessi and @Alex_Hassel :wave:t3:

You can use ā€œTab + :leftwards_arrow_with_hook:ā€ to open tasks details and the ā€œEscā€ key to close it!

3 Likes

Not just yet @abass, but Iā€™mm make sure to keep you posted here as soon as I have more info!

3 Likes

Looks great. But still not getting the update. Is there a way to force this latest version?

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t aware of that functionality. Good to know, thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s great, thanks for the reply Marie!

1 Like

I am so excited for this new list view! It will be a great improvement for our marketing team. I wish I could get it in advance of my team.

1 Like

I concur!

This gif shows the # of subtasks and a subtask icon. Is this still available and how do you turn it on?

Thig GIF shows a subtask count and subtask icon. Is this functionality still available and how can it be turned on?

Iā€™ve been using it and good. But it only works for project full lists, if I happen to search or filter by any criteria then I loose all the magic.

In fact I use 80% saved searches rather than raw project lists, so the grid view isnā€™t helping much.

Will you extend this to searches as well?

3 Likes

HI @Juan_Diego,

I donā€™t think weā€™ve planned this just yet, but Iā€™ll make a note of your feedback!