Introducing our new Spreadsheet-Inspired List View!

Great!!..I think this is going to be a real enhancement for the product!!

1 Like

I’m enjoying the excellent, new List View functionality–well done, Asana!!

Spreadsheet-like list view lovers: Please also consider checking out the new Responsive list view, multi-column sorts, hide/show 21 columns, filter-as-you-type, and more: Asana2Go Interactive Tables ✨ which complements Asana’s new List View with these additional features:

• Works not just for Project view, but also for My Tasks, Search Results, and Tags views, as well as for Subsections/Subtasks selections
  • Offers 21 columns (fields) to toggle on/off; thus, most of the Task Detail Pane content is available (even Description)–for multiple tasks at once
  • All columns are sortable individually or in multi-column sorts, ascending or descending; and the # Subtasks and # Comments columns are sortable too
  • Automatic column sizing; no content truncation
  • Filter as you type
  • Asana2Go is free for all private and most commercial use (see Asana2Go for details)

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

One thing this new (cool) design broke is the ability to multi-select tasks while seeing other columns. For example if I want to select all “Lost” client and move them into the “Lost” section: when I click on the first client, I don’t see the custom fields anymore.

5 Likes

I was so disappointed when I clicked on My Tasks and it wasn’t there.
Why would you leave it off that page? I do all my work in Asana on the My Tasks page, I only use the others when I need to create a new project or similar. Please do this update. Why leave My Tasks out of the fun? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m still not seeing this in our account. Is there a way we can request access to this feature?

2 Likes

You just have to be patient, I am being said it won’t be long.

Yes, please add to My Tasks.

1 Like

I already submitted this in the survey for this feature change; however, I want to put it here as well. We need to be able to resize the columns and as an added bonus the rows… Now that we can side-scroll and add as many custom fields as we like the column size needs to be adjustable. There are certain fields that I want to see without having to hover over them. Not to mention there are some projects where I want to see the full task names on the left hand side even when I have a task “opened”. This could be solved by adding wordwrap/resize of row height…

Loving the icons to let us know when a comment or subtask exists but what about letting us know a description exists. I have a TON of tasks with no description. The task name says it all. But there are others where the description is 100% necessary. You have this icon ability built in now… why not use it to denote more than just comments/subtasks?

Also, Sections have the ability to have comments/subtasks (which we use in our templates to obfuscate tasks until necessary, then drag/drop into main task area). There are no icons denoting subtasks on Sections.

11 Likes

Hi @Matthew_Burt and thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Regarding column resizing, have a look at this other post from me: Introducing our new Spreadsheet-Inspired List View! - #24

And for the description indicator, I would highly recommend you to create a new thread in the #productfeedback category to allow other users to vote and support this feature request.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with us, have a great day!

Looks great. How can we opt-in to get some more experience and deliver feedback to the team?

1 Like

Hi, I’m getting a message saying I’m only able to post comments, that there’s a process between list and Table view for the project.

How can I go back to normal and be able to create tasks? It’s been several days with this problem.

1 Like

Love the “Subtask and Comment Count” feature.

Regarding Subtask Count, can you show at a glance how many subtasks are remaining to be completed? (e.g. 2/4)

5 Likes

Hi @Pedro_Cabrera, please create a new thread in the #tipsandtricks category with more details and a screenshot to illustrate the issue? I’ll be more than happy to look into this for you!

@EljVek, this is not planned at this time, but other customers have requested it and it’s definitely something we will look into for future updates :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t say I love the aesthetic of the new design. But I’m sure functionality will be great. Looking forward to getting to try it out. I’m not an early adopter it seems so I appreciate being able to read everyone’s feedback.

2 Likes

Ditto! Me too! It would be helpful to know what’s coming down the pike to be able to plan an update and training if necessary! Good question!

@Marie just curious: as an Asana employee, how long do you have access to features like this before us? :slight_smile: I would pay a lot (of drinks :slight_smile: ) to see what else you have access to!

1 Like

Hi @Bastien_Siebman :wave:t3:

As Asana employees, we help dogfooding new features and updates to avoid any bugs when we roll out to the general public. We usually get access a couple of weeks before we start rolling out!

We’ve some exciting updates coming up, I can’t wait to share them with you :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi , how long before we can have the upgrade to the new list view. I still haven’t seen the new list view or the collapsable section on any of our projects.

Thanks

1 Like

I actually use Clockify rather than Harvest and I find it works really well for me!
Definitely quite a few options to do this with.

Is there an option to return to old view?

15 Likes