Hide completed subtasks

Nearly 3 years and not fixed.

About time this became Asana’s highest priority given how many people have made the request.

Frankly, the lack of this feature reduces Asana’s productivity significantly.

1 Like

As someone considering adopting Asana for my workflow. This was the first hurdle I came across, and to search and find that people have been asking for it for 3 years, and there has been no movement on this makes for very bleak reading.

Sadly I won’t be able to use Asana until this has been added :frowning_face:

1 Like

Another +1 vote here! :nerd_face:

Even if the completed subtasks and be moved to the bottom of the list - leaving the open subtasks at the top would be super.

Cheers!

Steve

3 Likes

Really would love to see the hide subtask option. A big +1 from our team.

I began using Asana several months ago to collaborate with colleagues on projects. To keep all my tasks in one place, I then moved my individual to-do lists into Asana as well. But I quickly noticed that the inability to hide or sort completed subtasks was going to be a problem. I’ve been heavily using subtasks (including some recurring subtasks, which generate a new subtask on the list each time), but the inability to hide completed subtasks or even easily sort them to the bottom of the list is making this system difficult to use. I may have to switch to another platform for my personal tasks if this feature is not added. I see that many people have been asking for this feature for years, so we appreciate any updates!

+1

+1 for this…

+1

+1!

+1
The real pain is when you have a repeating monthly task with 10 subtask and you just cannot hide the completed ones - in a year, it creates 120 subtasks out of which 110 is just clutter. I am revisiting the forum to see if anything happened - actually this is the reason why I keep my account on the free version and use other services for managing my repeating todos

Just came across this thread and voted. Any update? And/ or workaround? I think I’m going to have to make all my repeating tasks stand alone but I wanted sets of tasks easily accessible in the board view so that would be pity.

+1 for sure!

HI @James_Donald! I don’t have any update at the moment unfortunately but I’ve re-escalated this request internally to help re-sparking the discussion on this topic! I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

1 Like

Chiming in case it helps - this would be a huge benefit to us. I have actually removed recurring tasks because it’s clogging up our projects, instead choosing to keep those tasks in a separate place for my own reference. But I want to be able to remind people about their recurring tasks, so this gets quite frustrating.

2 Likes

I would like this feature too!!

1 Like

Likewise - I need this feature too!

1 Like

Wow! A 3 year thread without resolution. I mean, if tasks can be hidden, why can’t subtasks? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Would be great to have this feature.
That way you just concentrate and prioritize active tasks.

I’d like to have the option or auto-feature to complete the subtask and it moves to the bottom of the list and all active tasks are at the top of the list.

1 Like

Yes please please can you develop a feature to hide/collapse completed subtasks. Trello has a function which does this. Maybe something similar to the new feature arrow for subtasks in boardview . Without this, Asana is going to become increasingly difficult to use as the list just goes on forever.

1 Like

In unable to hide, I would love the option to sort them in Ascending order (newest task to oldest). This would put alot of the completed tasks further down the list and stop me from needing to scroll.

Realize this does not work for all users, but it would help some of us.