Use Rules to remove Subtasks

Use case: Tasks that correspond to external content, such as help articles in Intercom, are constantly cycling through editing, approval, and publishing processes. Rules that add basic subtasks during different phases of the process are great because they help remind writers and editors to complete crucial steps along the way. However, because the tasks cycle through this process many times, Rules that automatically add Subtasks will keep adding new ones to the task. We have to manually delete the old subtasks for each task so the case doesn’t fill up with them.

Hi @Daniel_Murphey, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and thanks for providing this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available right now, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

Hey @Rebecca_McGrath,

As per Daniel’s request, I would love to be able to wipe clean everything on a task. I also use the same tasks on a recurring basis and would like to remove any subtasks but also comments from the tasks when they are moved in the “done” column. Also, is there a way I can set a rule like “1 month after task is complete, move to xx column”? I would love that to keep my recently done updates in one column and then switching them to the backlog column later. Thanks!