Automatic custom field value changes?

Is it possible to have custom field values automatically change after a certain amount of time elapses?

I’d like to be able to have people flag certain tasks with a tentative status — e.g., tentatively submitted for approval, or tentatively confirmed — but then have that tentative status automatically “fall off” and revert to the prior value (“not confirmed”) unless it is actually confirmed.

Related:

Hi @Scott_Murray,

That’s a really interesting use case. It’s not currently possible in Asana.

My Flowsana integration also does not have an If-Then rule condition for “[certain time period] after a field changes” but it’s something to consider adding. I’ll give that some thought.

4 Likes

Very neat idea! @Phil_Seeman be the man we need you to be :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Phil!

HI @Scott_Murray :wave:t5:

Jumping here to let you know that we have recently launched approval tasks in Asana :slight_smile: This new type of task can help you to quickly hear back about certain request or action that needs approval.

You can learn more about it in the following announcement: A new type of task is available in Asana. Meet Approvals! and in our handy Guide article.

I hope you enjoy it! I’m closing this thread now but if you have any follow-up questions or feedback to share please let us know here!

Have a great day Scott! :slight_smile: