Notify/Comment assignee when field hasn't been changed for x amount of time

Hi! I was wondering if there was a way to set a rule or maybe find another app that will notify the assignee and/or comment on the task when a certain dropdown field hasn’t been changed to one of the dropdown options for a certain amount of time (preferably hours)? A possible workaround for my specific project would also be to comment on the task if the task hasn’t moved from a certain section after x amount of hours.

A little background for this question is that I have a confirmation field, where the assignee needs to set to ‘confirmed’. I’d like to automatically remind the assignee to confirm the task assigned either by notification or by commenting on the task (which therefore will send a notification to the assignee).

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @Management_Niido,

I’m afraid this is not possible within Asana! @Phil_Seeman, is it something Flowsana can help with?

I’m afraid Flowsana doesn’t have anything that tracks the amount of time a custom field remains unchanged for a certain amount of time.

The only integration I can think of that might perhaps do something like that is Screenful - @Sami_Linnanvuo, what do you say?

1 Like

@Phil_Seeman @Management_Niido Screenful can measure how long a task spends on each section or custom field value, and you can e.g. get a list of tasks that has spent more than x amount of days in a specific state. But that’s about it. There’s no way to trigger anything based on that information. I’m not aware of any tool that would support this kind of functionality for Asana.

1 Like

Ah ok, thank you! Doesn’t solve the problem directly, but I might use this for accounting purposes. Maybe there’s an app that measures how long a task stays on a field’s value or section that can integrate with Zapier? @Sami_Linnanvuo @Phil_Seeman