Asana Release Notes January 2022

Hi all and happy New Year! :tada:

:rocket: Please find our release notes for this month below :arrow_down:

• Projects in search results : In-app search results now include Projects in addition to Tasks and Messages. Read more about search
  • Multi-select custom fields in Forms and Rules : Now incorporate Multi-select custom fields into your Forms and Custom Rules.
  • Goal details in Inbox notifications : Easily see key information about a goal from your Inbox notification in the right pane. Learn about Goals in Asana
  • Time periods in charts : Group data in Charts by time periods to see how work is progressing over time. Get started with charts in Reporting and on Project Dashboards
  • New live training: Maximize company efficiency with Asana Business : Join our newest webinar to explore Business tier features to boost your company’s efficiency. Register here

As always, we’re looking forward to hearing your feedback in the comments below :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Excited to join one of those Asana Business webinars!

2 Likes

I’m loving Asana and all of the colours and the easy way to move things around. It’s helping a huge amount with my multi-project juggling and planning. There’s just one niggle…

Are we able to duplicate sections within projects yet in a simple manner, or is the longwinded rigmarole of creating a duplicate project still the only way? I can see from the forum that lots have people have asked for this basic function, but I haven’t yet seen whether or not it’s being addressed.

So, is it possible yet just to duplicate a section and then change the section name? (This would save so much time, which is one of the objectives of a project management system.)

If not, will it be in a future update?

Many thanks!

PS I know about the project duplication way and, so far, at least that’s quicker than keying everything in again and again.

1 Like

Hi @Diane_Wordsworth, it’s not possible to duplicate whole Sections at this time. Feel free to add your vote to this feature request if you haven’t already: Ability to copy sections including all tasks in that section

1 Like

Thank you, @Rebecca_McGrath! I didn’t see that poll in the search results. My vote has been added.

1 Like

@Diane_Wordsworth My workaround for section duplication is:

• create a master task as a “moving box” for your section
  • put all the tasks in the section as subtasks to the master task
  • duplicate the master task, which duplicates all subtasks
  • move that duplicate master task to the project you want, in the section you want
  • pull out all the subtasks so they can be tasks in that section (luckily this can now be done all at once since you can multiselect subtasks)
  • delete the duplicate master task
    We have found this to be faster and easier than project duplication.
5 Likes

Thank you, @Katie_Kendle. I’ll try that too. :grinning:

As the projects I have duplicated sections in don’t currently have subtasks, I found, and am trying, another suggestion I spotted in the vote link Rebecca gave me.

I’m creating a new section title, highlighting all of the tasks within a new BLANKS section, then doing ctrl + C and ctrl + V to paste into the new section. It’s a lot quicker than duplicating the entire project.

I saw that doesn’t work for subtasks and other info, so I’ll certainly try what you suggest as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, if you just need names of tasks, that looks like the quickest workaround! Thanks!

3 Likes

Time-based charts is a really big and important step. Look forward to this one.

2 Likes

You know it is actually already available? :grimacing: Your Monday just got a whole lot better!

Hello team,

Is there a way I can convert my single-select custom field into a multi-select custom field?

Not currently possible. You can vote for that capability here:

2 Likes

How can I get ASANA add in embedded with my Desktop outlook emails not my browser outlook email