Asana Release Notes April 2022

Hi all :wave:

:rocket: Please find our release notes for this month below :arrow_down:

• Request Goals status updates : Request a status update from the Goal detail page, so the Goal owner is prompted to keep the goal up-to-date with the latest status. Get started with Goals
  • My Goals : Find and sort the goals you own in the new My Goals tab. Read more about My Goals
  • Multiple Forms per project : Create multiple Forms per project to support different types of work requests.
  • Forms access permissions : Manage who can access and submit Forms on a project-by-project basis when sharing sensitive information. Enterprise Super Admins can set access permissions across an entire domain.
  • Increased Rule limit : To support more complex automation, we’ve increased the limit of Rules per project from 20 to 50.
  • App Components : Build and publish apps directly into Asana tasks and Rules with App Components, a new developer-focused feature in beta. Learn more about App Components in this on-demand webinar.
  • Subtasks in Charts : Charts in Project Dashboards now include subtasks by default. Choose to exclude subtasks by adding the subtasks filter in the Chart details. Get started with Charts
  • Admin Console Switcher : Easily switch between different Admin Consoles with a new dropdown menu for Asana Admins who access multiple Admin Consoles.

As always, we’re looking forward to hearing your feedback in the comments below :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath any roadmap where subs are fully promoted, as in, Rules are able to be triggered?

Not as of yet, @Getz_Pro but if we have any updates I will let you know here in the Forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is one hell of a release! I look forward to dive into multiple forms and the ease of switching between admin consoles :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

3 Likes

Awesome, increased rule limit is so helpful

5 Likes

Wow, a lot of great updates! I look forward to digging in to these!

2 Likes

I just updated today and now my scroll bars are gone. Is there anyway to fix this?

Nice release! The Subtasks in Charts feature will be especially helpful. The enhancements to Goals, and the forms access permissions will also be very useful. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @Lanna_Ali-Hassan, are you still running into this issue? Is this on the Desktop app or browser version?

I cleared my cache and it fixed it

2 Likes

stoked about the multiple forms per project update. that’s super helpful for my workflows!

3 Likes

Great news!

Looking forward to use multiple forms! This new feature is just for Business, right?

:smiley:

2 Likes

That’s right, @chilosada! The option to create multiple forms per project is available to all Business and Enterprise customers.

2 Likes

I would like to be able to submit a form, containing custom fields, allowing for the form to automatically populate custom fields within the project task layout.

Hey @Chelsea_M_Jones you can certainly do that mapping. This was not a new release, it was part of the forms feature.
Any question you include in forms can be mapped out to a custom field that exists in the project. Here is the link to the guide where you can find more details:

1 Like

Is this update affecting shortcuts? I can’t use any keyboard shortcuts anymore. My tab button IS working, but the shortcuts aren’t. Now I’m just manually selecting “Add tags” everytime.

My admin console is gone… tried clearing browser data, logging out and back in, still don’t see it. Nor do other team admins. How do I fix it?

Hello @Asmin_Chen welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Sorry to hear about this. I recommend reaching out Asana support and I am sure they will be able to assist you with this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! just sent them a message.

1 Like