Asana Release Notes July 2024

Hi everyone! :wave:

Please find below our latest release notes! Let us know if the comments if you have any questions or feedback!

Follow our Release notes category to receive a monthly update including all Asana latest updates!

22 Likes

Some good ones this month. Love the ability to duplicate forms and sections to other projects!

However, can you elaborate on these:

• Updated project details panel: View and edit custom fields without leaving the project details panel.
  • Click to highlight text: Click on the drag handle to highlight and format text.

Are these for all plans and whereabouts do I find these abilities?

6 Likes

Hi Asana team! I love the new notes feature, especially to create a new task right from notes. I’d love a feature where those new tasks can quickly be assigned an owner, a date, and sorted into the correct section. I have found “sorting tasks” that get lumped at the top of a project from meeting notes to be a new task in and of itself. Thanks for considering!

I have to say, I’m not at all enthused about more AI slop leaking into the tools I use. What data is being used to train these models? How do I ensure none of our company data end up in them? Is this really what people want Asana to spend scarce development resources on?

5 Likes

Many corporations have policies about what AI they can and cannot use. I am concerned if too much AI bleeds into the Asana product and can’t be completely controlled by administrator controls that this could flag this product as a security risk.

2 Likes

@Wouter_van_Heijst and @Jason_Bedford,

You can control exactly what data Asana and its AI partners have access to, including disabling all of it:

3 Likes

Hi @Cally_McIntyre, sorry for the delay! I’m checking these with our Product team and will get back to you. :slight_smile:

Adding to @Phil_Seeman’s comment, you can also find more details in this Help Center article and in our Trust Center.

1 Like

Hi @Cally_McIntyre, sorry for the delay. I’ve got some updates from our Content team regarding the latest Release Notes:

Updated project details panel: View and edit custom fields without leaving the project details panel.

Previously, custom fields and connected portfolios were listed side by side with limited space for viewing and editing. The update provides more room by separating these sections, making it easier to view and edit fields directly in the project details panel:

Click to highlight text: Click on the drag handle to highlight and format text.

Clicking the drag handle will highlight the block of text, allowing for easy formatting:

highlight text

I hope this clarifies things! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome thank you so much for the extra info - this is super helpful and I am excited for these updates to share with the team!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.