Asana Release Notes September 2024

Hello everyone! Please find below our latest Release Notes. Let us know in the comments if you have any questions or feedback! :slight_smile:

Follow our Release notes category to receive a monthly update including all Asana latest updates!

Thank you!

8 Likes

Ooh, I’m goint to try that one!

This is great for larger teams! Any plans to expand this to Messages? Give team admins the option to restrict team messages to team admins only

Also, would restricting this influence welcome projects? I’d love to put this restriction on the team for the welcome projects but be sure it doesn’t stop the welcome projects from being created.

1 Like

None of the links are working for me. Do they require an Enterprise subscription?

2 Likes

@Karen_Moseley,

There is currently a technical issue happening with the Asana Help Center, that’s why the links are not working. Follow this thread for the latest info on that issue: Try the new Asana Help Center!

1 Like

Is there an option to shut off the * Roll-up function in formula custom fields: I have fields that no longer make sense because the subtasks number are rolling up into the main task :frowning:

1 Like

+1 on this from me and our whole team over here. We’ve had to create tasks with the sole purpose of undoing this roll-up for custom fields. I’d love to disable it.

Thanks @Phil_Seeman, that’s correct. The issue with the Help Center has impacted the links in our posts as well. We are working to fix the links shortly!

Is there a place to get more info on this? Wondering if it solves the issues of when looking at capacity it only shows me a person’s capacity for projects on that portfolio, but not their total capacity (as they may have other projects or tasks that are not on a portfolio, so we may think they have extra capacity and end up overloading them).

Hi, I read this * Customizable portfolio notifications: Customize the type of portfolio notifications you receive and from which portfolio with interest…

I’m just wondering whether you can create a trigger from a field ( for example Status = at risk) to send a notification to mgt team/individual?.

Thanks,

Hi @Sarah_Louise_Gallagh , welcome to the forum :wave:

No, we don’t have that ability yet, but look out for future release notes, since Rules for Portfolios is tagged as in-development :wink:

Fantastic, thanks Richard :smile:

1 Like

Hey @Jan-Rienk, sorry for the delay!

Unfortunately this is not in our plans for the near future yet, but if anything changes, we’ll be sure to keep you posted!

That’s a great question. I’m double checking this with our PMs and will get back to you shortly.

Hi @Jessica_Dumas, @David_Hartstein, it’s not currently possible to switch this off, but I’d recommend creating a Feedback topic in our Product Feedback section so everyone interested can add their vote. You can also share feedback directly with the Product team via the in-product feedback button within the “create custom field” popup.

@Bob_Le_Schoenthal, our Help Center team is still working on the guide article. Sorry about that. In the meantime, you can find more details in this comment from Emily.

Can you confirm if you are referring to the portfolio workload or the universal workload? Portfolio workload only takes into account tasks that belong to the projects that live in that portfolio. The universal workload allows you to view the global capacity of a team by pulling data from tasks and subtasks across all projects into a workload view. However, users looking at the workload view must have permission to see the task. Otherwise the task will not show up on the workload view.

To clarify, this specific feature update means that data created via these rollup formula custom fields can be used in project-level automations, universal and portfolio workload, reporting features, and as inputs to other formulas, but it should not change permissions behavior. I hope this helps clear things up!

1 Like

Thanks Vanessa. Bummed to hear this can’t be turned off. It’s been pretty disruptive to our workflow over here.

It looks like there is already a Feedback topic for anyone who is also being impacted by this: Turn off Roll-Up Custom Fields on Projects

1 Like