Timeline - Schedule Subtasks

Echoing everybody above - key reason for us not fully shifting to Asana and as a result upgrading to premium is the lack of the ability to see sub-tasks as nested timelines on the timeline panel. This is a critical feature - with this much user feedback over the last 4 years would be great to have any indication or actionā€¦

1 Like

The feedback on this issue is unbelievably overwhelming across the Asana Community Forum, going back YEARS and countless posts. It seems to be an issue and pain with everyone. Why hasnā€™t this been fixed yet?

4 Likes

Same. I just signed up for a paid account on asana, realized how limited it was. and now moving to monday.com.

Does Monday offer this functionality? I love everything else about Asana, but the incapability to map out subtasks is a real problem.

1 Like

Hello, is there an update as to the status of this feature request?

This is a must have feature for our organization and we are actively searching for alternative solutions since Asana is not addressing this feature request in any capacity.

1 Like

When is this going to be available Asana?

1 Like

2018 and this has not been done yet? :unamused:

Totally unbelievable. Not just not getting it done. But not commenting and engaging with users on this. This topic/feature request is number one in user views and comments, has 4 times the votes than any other feature, has been outstanding now for 4.5 years, and NOT A SINGLE ASANA PERSON HAS COMMENTED, EVER, let alone actually building it. Truly stunning. This indicates a total lack of leadership at this company. Iā€™m a software founder and CEO. How a CEO has not looked at the top requested feature for 4.5 years of their product, communicated, and banged heads together to get it done is beyond me.

1 Like

Do we have a timeline for this implementation?

I donā€™t work for Asana, and I am not allowed to share about the roadmap :slight_smile:

Exactly what I thought! Is there any update from Asanaā€™s side about adding this as a feature???

Itā€™s been a year since you closed this thread (with no explanation as to why even after stating you would update the thread with news for Timeline view and BTW promoting a subtask into a task is not a ā€œworkaroundā€ it is a change in activity level) so users have no voice, essentially burying the ask.

Continuing the discussion from The ability to show subtask in the timeline:

Maybe the Asana planning team have the development of this feature (subtasks in timeline) as a subtask ā€“ so it has never been properly scheduled. :rofl:

3 Likes

Our CSM told me this was slated to roll out Jan 2023. Fingers crossed.

Hi folks,

Iā€™m excited to announce we have just begun to roll out Subtasks on Timeline :partying_face: Please head over to Subtasks are now visible on Timeline! to read the full announcement!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.