Save button after modifying description in browser

When you edit a task description (not a new one) on a smartphone (Android in my case), if you do not press the save button, the previous edits will be canceled.
I would like to be able to set the save button to be pressed after editing the description on the PC browser version as well.
(There are times when I think it’s good to be able to easily edit the description, but there are many times when I think it’s better not to be able to edit the description easily.)

Smartphone, in this case, is configured as follows.

So basically you don’t want the description to auto-save on desktop?

When using a browser, creating a new task is not a problem. However, when it comes to editing or updating, it can be quite cumbersome. This is especially true for smartphones, as the “save” option is not displayed when creating a new task, but only when editing an existing one. While occasionally forgetting to save can be disappointing, it is still preferable to mistakenly feeling regretful about it.

There is another matter to discuss, and it is similar in nature to the request for undo.

Thank you for the feedback, @Ka_Nishiyama!
That’s an interesting request to limit editing for yourself :bulb:

I think the descriptions in the web/desktop versions are auto-saved for faster navigation because we can keep track of the changes from “Show difference” and revert to the original version by copy-pasting it if needed.
Multiple editing histories are batched, but your edits long after the last edit are recorded separately:

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 16.31.02

Also, comment-only access to projects is available for when you want limit editing by other people.

Hi, @Shun_Sakurai
Thank you for your response.
Regarding the comments you have received, I would like to express my thoughts as follows:
1- It is gratifying to be able to trace back to the past.
2- It does not serve as a preventive measure against accidental self-editing.
3- Comment-only access may be effective for such users, but it has no impact on members who have been granted editing privileges.

Therefore, I would appreciate it if there was a SAVE button when it comes to re-editing, just like on a smartphone.
Thank you in advance.

1 Like

While I understand your suggestion, perhaps it would be more advantageous to consider the possibility of implementing a locking mechanism from the outset.

1 Like

Hi @Ka_Nishiyama, thank you for the reply!
The feature to lock editing (or, the feature to optionally require explicit saving) sounds much more realistic.
If we force the save button to all Asana users, that would add a lot of time wasted and risk of changes lost.

In the forum, I appreciate the option to choose between saving, drafting, or discarding a comment before submitting it.

Hi, @Shun_Sakurai
“I think the descriptions in the web/desktop versions are auto-saved for faster navigation because we can keep track of the changes from “Show difference” and revert to the original version by copy-pasting it if needed.”
It seems that the previous edit is not being recorded. How often is it saved?