Milestones should not be allowed to shift automatically to avoid a dependency conflict

“If you move the task at a later date, the milestones you depend on will move automatically.”
(When “Avoid dependency conflict” is turned on in the project settings)

By default, “Milestone” should be set so that it does not move automatically.
I understand that it is a “milestone” because it cannot be moved easily.
(Assuming that it can’t be helped to move it manually)

Link: Lock Milestone dates for timeline adjustment

1 Like

Hi @Ka_Nishiyama and thanks for sharing your feedback with us! This is currently an expected behaviour, and we don’t have plans to prevent Milestones from automatically shifting to avoid dependency conflict, but if this was ever to change, we’ll make sure to keep you posted here!

1 Like

At the moment, a milestone is “only” a task displayed as a diamond, with a vertical line in Timeline view. That’s it.
In your case, I advise my clients to create a milestone not depending on anything. That way is stays as a “hard date”.

2 Likes

I would second this. I have been a long time user of Wrike, then came to my current job which is a Trello shop moving into Asana. Asana is definitely better than Trello, but it isn’t even playing in the same league as Wrike. Milestones in themselves are hard deadlines. For example an event/webinar is on a committed specific date, if someone moves a date out with dependencies then the milestone of the webinar/event shifts. That isn’t acceptable. I have to agree with Bastien, it is really just a fancy task with a shape, than an actual milestone.