Removal Action When Using Rules

When using rules is it possible to have an action that removes a task from a project?
Example
I have a task with a custom field that has changed. The custom field triggers the rule adding the task to a different project and removing it from the current one.

Bravo to the team for adding the rule feature

7 Likes

Hi @Sam_Traxler,

FYI while this isn’t currently possible with Asana’s rules, it is available as a Flowsana rule - Flowsana has a “Move to project” action.

4 Likes

@Sam_Traxler, thanks for your kind feedback and for starting this thread! I’ve made a note of your feedback to our Product Team to consider for a future update, in the meantime yo can check out the solution recommended by Phil above :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Marie, is there an update on the “Remove from Project” action for Rules? Any chance this will happen soon? It would be super useful and seems pretty straightforward. Thanks!

1 Like

Very good suggestion, I was myself hoping to set up an “archive column” that would delete items upon their being dropped there (in additiong to being sent to the archive project I’ve set up)

Interested in this becoming a feature at some point as well!

1 Like

Hi @Marie! Is there any update on this feature request? Thanks so much!

1 Like

Not at the moment @Caitlin_Chambers, but I’ll make sure to post an update here as soon as I have some news on my end!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi Phil,

you note in your response to sam traxler that it is possible to remove a task from a project using Flowsana. I’ve not been able to find this feature, only to add to a project.

What i would like is for a task to be removed from a project when added to a particular section or when marked complete?

Is this possible?

Many thanks,

Hi @Giles_Hugo,

It’s not a removal action per se; it’s moving it, i.e. removing it from one project and adding it to another, which is what Sam was looking for.

1 Like

This is now possible with an update in Oct 2023:

2 Likes