Portfolio Templates

Here is a scenario:

Have you every worked on a portfolio that actually is repeated in the nature of the types of projects associated to it?

Scenario:
Let us say that you have 5 products and you run 5 marketing campaigns (open per product) each year.
You build project templates and they are all nicely interconnected, dependencies, timeline, custom fields, rules, etc…

You know that this work is related to your company’s goals on annual basis to support it’s delivery. Isn’t there a case to have a Portfolio Template?

Portfolio Template Set up includes
Project Template 1
Project Template 2
Project Template 3
Project Template 4
Project Template 5

Custom fields already selected for this portfolio from the org library…

What do folks think? I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Rashad

13 Likes

Hi @Rashad_Issa, thanks for providing this feedback - this would be a cool new feature :star_struck:

Hopefully this is something we can see our Product team implement in the future. I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My team could really benefit from portfolio templates, especially when we have a specific structure to follow. We have a lot of very similar portfolios and they can take a long time to create, so having the ability to create portfolios would be hugely beneficial.

7 Likes

This is exactly what we need. We do development and construction projects. Each property gets its own portfolio there are six or seven different projects, each related to a different aspect of the property. We have a portfolio for design selections, we have a portfolio for sales, we have a portfolio for procurement and Construction, etc. we would like to be able to create a portfolio template that has all of the project templates inside of it. When we then use a Portfolio template, it would automatically create all of the projects for that property

Currently we have to first create the portfolio for a new property. Then, we have to manually create each of the projects from their own templates and add them to the portfolio.

7 Likes

Hello @Joey_Yaffe
Thanks for sharing your user case clearly. Please make sure you upvote this feature.
Thanks,
Rashad

1 Like

Hey, @Rashad_Issa I didn’t reply back then when you posted this, but you know I’ve been wanting this feature ever since Asana has Portfolios. Right now since there’s no solution what I have is documentation on all the Portfolio Templates I have created for most of my clients, and some QA instances to make sure they follow the guidelines every time they have to create them. Can’t wait for the day that Asana launches this feature.

2 Likes

Is there any update on this?

1 Like

hi,

Can you share a link to the templates you mentioned here

1 Like

This would be a game changer!

We use portfolios to manage global campaigns with 5-10 projects representing different verticals of work. We launch many many campaigns at once and the time to set up all these portfolios is dramatic. This feature is urgently needed!!!

2 Likes

To me, this is an obvious and good use of Portfolio. Asana please implement that.

2 Likes

Yes, ran into this today, need it 100%

2 Likes

Any updates on where this may be? My team would greatly benefit from portfolio templates as well.

1 Like

This would be so useful to my team. Was just pulling together a load of templates for when we onboard new starters and would love to be able to put them all in a portfolio so that whenever we recruit we can just signpost managers to that portfolio.

1 Like

I’d love an update on this, too! My team uses portfolios to track many of our major projects and being able to create a template would be game-changing. Please keep us posted!

2 Likes

Hey everyone!

I’ve been waiting to see if there was an update from Asana on an actual template for portfolios, what we got so far is not even close to what we need, so I guess I’ll keep using what I have taught my clients so far.

I while ago I made this video that I have just recently uploaded to my youtube channel, so I hope it could be useful for anyone here looking for a “quick solution” on this.

Is not ideal, and is not the best solution, but it is what it is!

• You will get to see in live action how I use Scribehow to document processes quickly.

:fire:

1 Like

I agree, Asana needs a feature where you can create a portfolio template! This would be of such a huge benefit. Then my whole team could work on projects with the same fields and but within their own portfolios. We have so many projects in one portfolio that it has outgrown, but need a way to break all the projects out into portfolios. We will have to manually create each one :persevere:

3 Likes

We need portfolio templates too!

2 Likes

Is there a way to create Portfolio templates? For example if I created a portfolio with new fields, and wanted to create a new portfolio with the same fields, the only way I can currently do this is to manually add those fields to the new portfolio. It would be great if we could create portfolio templates similar to tasks and projects. I also tried exporting the portfolio, but there is no “import” option for portfolios.
Thanks

4 Likes

Hi,

There is currently no way to do this, but you posted in the correct section we can upvote your idea!

1 Like

I’d really love this functionality, or at the very least, an ability to duplicate a portfolio’s setup (fields, dashboard elements, views, etc.) Especially because portfolios are limited to 500 projects, I am having to break out projects by fiscal years, and having to create portfolios by hand is incredibly time-consuming and inefficient.

3 Likes