Using multiple templates to create a single new project

hi there,
Would anyone know if you can use multiple templates to create a single, new project? We’d like to use the templates as ‘building blocks’ of sorts, whereby we select the templates applicable to a project and combine them into the project we’ll be working on.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

No. Templates are 1:1

Thanks for reaching out, @Lester_de_Meer! As it stands, it’s not possible to create a project from different templates. I’ve moved this thread to the #product-feedback category and we will let you know if this is something we implement in the future!

hi any update on this? this is preventing us from utilizing asana in the way we need

3 Likes

Ill just come out and say it, the inability to not use multiple templates for one project is stupid. And will be the reason I do not renew my 30 days with this program.

2 Likes

Hi @James_Smith11 , welcome to the forum :wave:

You may want to have a look at a method suggested in this post:

Note: Not a solution but marked as such to elevate a key reply

I wholeheartedly agree; not having this function just adds to the list of reasons Asana falls short for us. Being able to combine two templates into one project would be tremendous improvement for how my company uses Asana. It doesn’t make sense to only be able to choose when tasks in a project template happen before OR after the due date vs. having the capability to choose both in one project, given we have pre- and post-production phases. The workaround that’s been mentioned in multiple threads is messy, time-consuming, and impractical.

1 Like