Move task from new to today if due date is set to today

It would be a nice if a task moved automatically from “New Tasks” to “Today” when a user sets a due date of today. If the due date is today, shouldn’t it be in the today section of “my tasks”?

This would be another addition to task promotion. You already promote tasks out of Later and Upcoming. You should also “promote” them out of “new” when the due date is today.

Recurring Tasks do not show up in Today section of Task List

@Matt_Eggers I believe the rational behind why it is in New Tasks not directly in Today. Is that whenever a new tasks is assigned to you either by yourself or by someone else regardless if there is a Due Date or not on it, it will appear in your New Task section so that you can review and accept that this is a task that you are willing to take on.

It gives you the opportunity to go back to the person who assigned you the task and say hey I can’t do that today as it is not a priority item for me…

Hope that helps.

Jason.

I’m a sole practitioner and I do a lot of maintenance work for my client’s web sites. I’ve got tasks set up for each client that recur every other week. When I open My Tasks/List the only sections are New Tasks, Upcoming Tasks, and Later. If I open My Tasks/Calendar, the task is clearly there and is due today.

They’re all assigned to me (because there’s no one else to assign them to).

Appreciate any help.

p.s., I’ve tried reaching out to Support, but all they do is send me links to articles that aren’t relevant.

Hi @Jack_Lavender, Have you tried this:

For a task in My Tasks > New Tasks, click the blue dot at its far right and select Mark for Today.

That should create the Today grouping and move your task there. You can multi-select to accomplish this for multiple tasks at once too.

Larry Berger
Asana2Go & Asana Certified Pro consultant at Trilogi Software

Larry, I know I can do that.

My question is: Why do I have to do that? Why isn’t a task that is due today AUTOMATICALLY added to the Today section?

Ah, sorry about that. I agree–I think that should be happening. Perhaps @Marie can help directly or by re-introducing your question to Support?

Thanks for the mention @lpb! @Jack_Lavender we already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your feedback with the main thread to consolidate all feedback in one place; I recommend checking out @Jason_Woods post to understand more about the current behaviour. Feel free to add your vote to the main thread as votes don’t carry over when threads are merged!

I understand where you’re trying to go with the “new task assigned to me by someone else and due today” use case. Even in that case, action on the task is still due TODAY. One might choose not to accept the task, but it is still something that has to be dealt with today. However, in my case, I have a recurring task that was assigned and accepted and comes due every Tuesday (it happens to be web site maintenance). Clearly, every Tuesday that task should show up in my Today section, but it doesn’t.