Modular Templates

Different customers have different needs. So no project is exactly the same, but many are comparable.
At the moment I have different CSV files for standardised options to import in a project depending on the customers needs, but it would be great if you could just select template modules when creating a project. And when something is changed mid-project that you can add a template module.

Hi @Levi_NL :wave:t3:

I’m not sure what you mean by:

Could you elaborate a little bit?

As for this, I’d recommend upvoting this exiting request: Push project template updates to existing projects :slight_smile:

Let me clarify on the first:
When creating a new project it would be great to have an extra option in which you can select multiple templates/template modules depending on the different implementations a project needs.

At the moment I work with several CSV templates which I import manually for a new project . For instance: a client wants a WordPress website with an inventory management plugin and a webchat module. So I start a new project, fill in the details and then manually import the WordPress Template CSV, IM Template CSV and Webchat Template CSV.

It would be very helpful is there was a way that these templates could be managed from inside Asana (way easier to edit) and added into an existing or new project without importing external files.

2 Likes

I second this request, and I feel it’s underrated.

It would be really handy for example for onboarding templates so you can select which tasks/modules should be included based on someone’s role/responsibilities.

Or what services should be included when the basic project is the same, but has variable additions that can be standardised.

It would also solve Add multiple templates to one project?

1 Like