Hello! I am wondering if it is possible to select and duplicate multiple tasks at one time. For example… I am setting up Project and then building a section within that project. I would like to copy a section or the complete list of tasks in that section and be able to paste it into another project. Is this possible?
You can multi-select tasks, and then use Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V to copy and paste a list of task wherever you want (but it won’t copy assignees and dates, just the title of the tasks). Or you can duplicate a project and it wiil copy all the tasks at once.
Thank you for the response. I am not sure if I am doing it incorrectly but it is not working for me. I highlight the list of tasks I need to copy and then ctrl+c and then ctrl+v and it wont copy over. Suggestions?
It works only from the list view, have you tried from there?
It only works in list view, and you need to make a blank task and hit ctrl+v with your cursor in the task name. It won’t paste if you’re trying to hit ctrl+v while you still have the tasks selected.
I also have a workaround to duplicate multiple tasks and KEEP the assignees, dates, descriptions, etc.:
- Make a copy of the entire project (you’ll delete it later)
- In the project copy, select the tasks you want to duplicate and click the Edit project or section icon at the bottom of the screen
- Add these tasks to the original project
- Go back to the original project and move the tasks you added to wherever you need them to be in your project (by default, they show up in the first section)
- Delete the copy of the project (you don’t need it anymore)
Great idea @Justine_D
And thank you for the additional info I forgot to mention on copy/paste
@Silas1, for copying sections/multiple tasks in full (including their metadata) see also: