Copy all tasks in a section to another

Hi. I have many tasks in a section and i’d like to repeat them in other sections. Could you kindly advise how i can best do this? Currently it looks like i need to duplicate a task one by one. And the duplication process is slow for each task. Thanks!

1 Like

@Aaron_Aw, I’m not sure if multi-homing just those to a new project and then duplicating that project could be quicker; at least it will do them all in one fell swoop rather than one by one. If you try, let us know!

Larry

1 Like

I’d added the tasks to another project (eg. Proj 2). However from proj 2 i cannot add these tasks back to Proj 1 as another section.

If I add it to sec 2 of proj 1 then it’d just be a moving of the tasks from sec 1 to sec 2.

1 Like

I would recommend setting up an import CSV to customize and duplications that you need to make to a project, if you find doing them one by one is too time intensive.

Maybe you didn’t duplicate the project in the process?

I just did this and it works as I indicated. But it’s a few steps and there’s some cleanup.

You’re multihoming the tasks to be copied into a new, temporary project in order to allow you to use Duplicate on that new project. After that, multiselect the newly created tasks in the newly created project and change their project membership to the original project, specifying the section to be “copied” to. Now your tasks are “moved.” You’ll then have to delete the new temporary project.

Larry

1 Like

Thanks Larry. I tried it and it seems to work. Hence i could bring it in to a new section into the orig project. However this is quite tedious as i’d need to do this for repeated sections. eg. one section to represent activity for one Business Unit.

1 Like

@Aaron_Aw, Agreed; I was suggesting it would be faster than the original approach but it’s still a pain. Though for multiple sections, you could still just do one project duplication and after that, multiselect one batch per section, so you don’t have to repeat all steps separately. Good luck!

2 Likes