Duplicate Forms

I know Forms are pretty new, but I’m wondering if it is possible to copy/paste a form for multiple documents or at least have it copy over from a template.

3 Likes

Hi @Leslie_Gibson and welcome to the Asana Forum!

As it stands, it is not possible to duplicate a form, you would need to recreate manually for each new project. With that said, this is our first try at Forms, and we will definitely work on improving them in the future, so your feedback is very important to us.

I’ve gone ahead and moved this topic to the #productfeedback category, to allow you and other users to vote for this feature to be implemented in the future.

Hope this helps; please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

8 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Agreed, we need the ability to have multiple forms per project.

10 Likes

Yeah, I also definitely would need:

• Multiple forms per project
  • Create standard answers in Dropdown (I just typed 10 times “5 = awsome, 4 = okey, 3 = …” and so on)
  • Duplicate forms (I just duplicated a project and was sadly surprised that the form wasn’t copied)

Thank you :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Yes, on my side is’t a must. We need to have this feature. With the the volume of project have to redo all the time. Make no sens.

Roger

4 Likes

This is a must for us too, we use forms to collect Issues from multiple projects.

Please tell me when don’t to look for another solution.

3 Likes

Forms essentially act as an internal Primary Research engine. The ability to duplicate forms from project to project is a must.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your feedback. Forms are still pretty new and our team is still collecting feedback to prepare for the next update. Unfortunately, I don’t have a timeline to share just yet for the next update, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted on this thread as soon as I do! Thanks again for taking the time to share this feedback with you and for your patience while we work on improving Forms!

1 Like

I have to agree with the rest of the comments, multiple forms per project and the ability to duplicate Forms along with the Project, or alone is a much needed feature. Thanks!

5 Likes

Hi there, per the most recent update to Forms, is it not possible to save a Form template and just have that opened up for each project that we want to use it for? It’s not the most effective use of time to keep re-creating the same form for each project / request. Can someone confirm, please?

4 Likes

AND have forms copy over with templates just like the old project description concept. PLEASE!

3 Likes

I agree to the duplication of forms.

I work at an arts center where we do many different events. Theatrical plays, music, presentations, dance etc. I was creating my very first form in my Performing Arts Project Template. Upon duplicating the project I found that the form does not transfer over. It would be a great feature to have a check box for the duplication of forms with the other check box options when duplicating a project. I intend to use this one form for rental client needs before their events. At the moment without the duplication ability I find forms useless to me unless they are used one time for in house requests to staff members.

Truly needed feature

3 Likes

YES!!!

I just tried using forms within a project template. My intention was that the project owner would fill out a project summary form with each new project created. However, I found out that not only can you not duplicate forms, forms also do not come over when using a custom template project. I don’t understand this since the way I created my first form was to create a new project by using a standard ASANA templated project. That project had the form that I modified as a test. Why do forms ‘stick’ when using an ASANA template but not a custom template?

As it stands now, I don’t see a lot of use for this until you can either duplicate a form or include it in a custom template.

It’d be great if Forms can be a template that gets copied/exported every time you copy a template. Right now, if you create a form, you have to re-create it when you create a new project template.

1 Like

Great request @Chris_Chen! It would be great to be able to duplicate or re-use a previously created form in some way.

5 Likes

Great idea!

2 Likes

agreed! this feature would be brilliant to have

3 Likes