Duplicate Forms

Not sure if its a bug or the feature hasn’t been developed yet, but if I create a new project using a template, the form that is in the template is not being added automatically to the new project.

There is an existing issue on the subject Forms inside projects: possibility to duplicate or create a template to re-use

And also Duplicate Forms

1 Like

And Can the FORM in Asana become template or Save as a template? - #4 by Cathya
Maybe admins should merge them all

Hi @Mate :wave:

You are correct here. When creating a project using a Template, Forms are not copied over. As @Bastien_Siebman commented. There are a few threads regarding this topic.

I’ve gone ahead and merged everything, including your post into one thread to consolidate feedback in one place. I would recommend you to upvote it! :slight_smile:

Thank you @Bastien_Siebman for your help! I’m merging the threads! :raised_hands:

I’d love it if the forms I make in a template also show up when I make a new project using that template.

I use Asana to organize my Website Design business, and I rely heavily on the use of templates.

One of the ways I use templates is as an agenda for New Client Meetings. Every time I have a new meeting scheduled, I create a project from that agenda template and I go through every item during the meeting.

There are regular questions I ask my clients to get an idea of their needs for their website project. I was using forms on my site to take the information, so I was super excited to see that now I could attached a form directly to my Asana project.

Unfortunately, since the form doesn’t copy over from the template when I use it to make a new project I would have to make a new form every new meeting. Which obviously isn’t very efficient.

As a work around, I’ll have to stick with the form I set up on my website to take the information. I’d love to be able to eventually have the form information directly in the Asana project so I could have all the information in one place while I write up my proposals.

This is a feature requested in at least 3 other threads, you can find them using the search engine :slight_smile:

Hi @Nicole_Sauk :wave:

In order to keep feedback consolidated I’m merging your post with the thread @Bastien_Siebman is mentioning. I hope it’s OK.

Have a great Friday!

Chiming in with the same:
-Please allow forms to be saved as template duplicates. Please allow forms to be duplicated when duplicating a project. I have a form with SO MANY complicated coding drop-downs.
-Can you make it so that a form can be hidden from project users? I have a form in a project that people could write over in an attempt to fill it out, instead of clicking “view form” and submitting it that way.
-When creating a form it’d be great if you could specify a default project and section for it to populate in. Or at least be able to set that, while filling out the form.
Thanks!

1 Like

Love the form feature but PLEASE make them reusable! I’m thinking of using them as a way of clients reporting bugs / requesting support / feature requests etc and I don’t want to have to create the same form for every client.

1 Like

I just want to chime in that being able to duplicate forms would be extremely helpful. It would also be great if the form duped when you duplicated a project, and also if the form stuck with a project if you created it as a template.

Agreed! I hope they add this to the roadmap!

My team would really benefit from the ability to have forms copy over from a project template. Not much of a template if every project needs us to manually create a form that takes 5-10 minutes each time.

3 Likes

Please ASANA Team consider about this functionality since it would improve the daily work of so many companies - us included! Three things are so much needed as I saw reading through the comments and also for us to get out the most of Asana forms:

• Duplicate forms, especially when you recreate a project out of a template.

• Save forms as Templates.

• Add more than one form to a project.

I know that you’re always looking for what your customers want, so thank you already for helping us! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey, Any update on this issue? This is an on going issue from February 2019…

I would also vote for duplication or form templates. It’s a necessity.

This was over a year ago. Do you anticipate updating the Forms feature to include having templates copy them over?

1 Like

Any idea on a timeline for launching this functionality. Truly a necessity, finding that it is very time consuming to have to recreate a form instead of utilizing a template. Appreciate it!

1 Like

I agree!

In my organization, we made a template for managing product roadmaps, which will be used by multiple product development initiatives. These product roadmaps will take requests by using the form that managers have set up in their respective Asana project. Unfortunately, when we set up a form inside a template, we discovered that when we use the template, the form is not created. It’s just empty.

This is a request to make form created in a template also carried into a project when using the template.