Custom Fields Multi-Select

I created a custom field called Collaborators and then create drop-down options for the list of collaborators. I see that when I use the field, I can only select one option from the drop-down. Is there a way to select more than one from the drop-down list (ie, multi select)? thx

@Stacy_Zinken
Collaborators is a standard feature in Asana. They can be added at the bottom of each Task.

Not sure why you need a custom field for it? In any case, Custom fields cannot have Multi-select in Asana at the moment.
Here is a thread for it where you can cast your Vote.

Thanks.
Vaibhav

@Vaibhav_Khatri I think you provided @Stacy_Zinken the direction that was sought after.

I’m unable to locate the thread but I have seen #productfeedback in the Forum where users (myself included) would benefit from having the task collaborators seen as a column within the list view, similar to tags and projects. You could choose to disable/enable this field as done with other standard Asana components today. It would be really nice to see where individuals were collaborators across a project without having to select into each task or create a report.

I share this because it might tie into what @Stacy_Zinken is ultimately looking to achieve yet isn’t possible in Asana today. With this added column and the ability to then filter via multi-select, it might offer the clarity desired. Now if only I can find that thread… @Emily_Roman or @Marie - have y’all come across the feedback I reference above? If not, I guess I could create a thread, but I swear One exists… :thinking:

Just FYI, Collaborators is an optional column here with Asana2Go (disclaimer: I’m the creator):

You can see the Collaborators for multiple tasks all at once without having to open the Task Detail pane multiple times. And you can filter as you type to see only those tasks with certain Collaborator(s).

Larry

2 Likes

Hi @Jerod_Hillard,

I was also convinced we had a #productfeedback thread but can’t get my hands on it. I’ve searched our #productfeedback and read all comments on Introducing our new Spreadsheet-Inspired List View! - #235 by Katriel_Friedman and We're extending our spreadsheet view to My Tasks! but no luck :sweat_smile:

Could you or @Stacy_Zinken create a new thread in #productfeedback for this request? If we need to, we can always merge it in the future :slight_smile:

Per the above comments, I want to be able to see Collaborators within the table as a column, which is why I created a custom column. The idea would be to have the “assigne” as the primary responsible party and collaborators as those who are providing input/are substantive experts. It’s hard to quickly see this or sort by this right now.