Truncated CSV export at 2000 rows

We are currently exporting a section of a project to track a specific effort across multiple departments and have more than 2500 tasks + subtasks. The export is being truncated at 2000 rows and is causing the power query to fail, resulting in a broken table.

It is my understanding that this issue was being rolled out back in April (Don't truncate CSV project exports - #47 by Rebecca_McGrath) so I didn’t expect this. Is there something that we need to do in order to get the updated fix? Please help!

1 Like

Good point, looks like there shouldn’t be a cap anymore. @Rebecca_McGrath any idea what’s going on?

1 Like

Hmm, strange. :thinking: The cap on CSV exports has been removed so I’m not sure what is causing this issue. I suggest reaching out to our Support team with the CSV file and the URL link to the project so that they can look into this further for you.

Ok, so I did reach out to Support and they did respond quite promptly. Here is what they said:

You are absolutely right that our CSV export limit was recently increased from 2,000 tasks. Unfortunately, however, it appears that this limit increase has not yet been applied to our exports from Advanced Searches. My apologies for the inconvenience here!

Having said that though, I can easily understand why this limit should translate across all export functions. For this reason, I have gone ahead and submitted a Voice of Customer report for our Product Team. I think that this increased limit will be essential to making our product more robust in the future and I believe that these kinds of reports might encourage our engineers to implement this option.

In the meantime, it may be worth creating a separate project designated for your exported searches. From there, you can simply bulk-add these tasks to the project and export from there. I understand that this is not the ideal solution, but it should allow you to export all of your desired tasks and subtasks in the meantime.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.