Trigger due date to advance

My company has many tasks where we set a target due date with the understanding that this needs to be flexible. I tried creating a rule whose triggers would be “if due date is today AND a comment is added”, then the due date would advance by one day. The purpose of this is to force us to touch each of the tasks, even if it’s just to provide a status update. That way we’re only behind schedule if it hasn’t been updated.
This rule doesn’t appear to be working the way I thought it would – the way it appears to be working is “if due date is today AND there is a comment present”, then the due date is advancing by one date. Is there a way to make this function the way I detailed in the first paragraph?

Hi @anon33779598, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Could you please provide some more details on why this Rule isn’t working the way you would expected it to? From reading your post, it seems that the due date is advancing by 1 day as expected?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

I believe a Rule doesn’t run immediately after the trigger, but rather about midnight on the day of the trigger. Could that be what is going on?

So what we’re looking for is a trigger for a NEW comment being added. The way the rule is functioning now is it’s being triggered if there’s a comment present, even if that comment is from weeks ago.

Thanks for following up, @anon33779598. Is your Rule set up so that “Comment added” is the trigger as seen in the screenshot below?

If so, you should see the action take place as soon as a comment is added, not weeks after. If this is the case, I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team with the URL to a task where this Rule didn’t function correctly.

As the Support team has access to additional tools that we don’t have here on the Community team, they’ll be able to take a closer look at this for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.